me and Wheresthegoodstuff got told to leave night hunting at the air base

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we be out huntin at 10pm at the WW2 airbase here, a 1st for me at night. A good part of it is civilian and part is federal. Ibeen hunting this area since 11-06 during the day with little problems. Both of use were having fun until security from a near by corporation came out asking wat we were doing. He saw the MDS and informed us this use to be a air base. :D I sprang into action assaulting him with history of the area and steve showed him a merc :thumbsup: With my none stop talking of the hobby and history he finally interupted me. Guys please come back on the weekend that way nobody will bother you. Later we will discuss why hunting at night is differant than during the day. :sign13:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
security issues --in the day time they can see you and what your up to --at night not so easy

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
ahhhhhh now i see why you dont need a camera aa, the cops have one and they will use it to get your mug shot...be careful out there :laughing7:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan, is correct. If the security folks see lights moving about at night, they HAVE to investigate; takes their time; takes your time. During the daylight hours, they can scope you out from their post and see what you're doing without having to make the trip out to do an on site investigation. Cuts their paperwork, too, because , if they have to leave their regular post to check out some activity, they have to "write it up". They don't want it; you don't want it; so, hunt during the day. Simple.

And, if their post is fairly close to where you'll be hunting, why not drive up to them first and let them know you'll be out 'tecting. That way, they'll have a ready answer for anyone asking about "those folks out messing around on the old base" and it would help build a good reputation for you and your hunt partners.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
olegoat said:
ahhhhhh now i see why you dont need a camera aa, the cops have one and they will use it to get your mug shot...be careful out there :laughing7:
:laughing7:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
security issues --in the day time they can see you and what your up to --at night not so easy
you right 8)

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Ivan, is correct. If the security folks see lights moving about at night, they HAVE to investigate; takes their time; takes your time. During the daylight hours, they can scope you out from their post and see what you're doing without having to make the trip out to do an on site investigation. Cuts their paperwork, too, because , if they have to leave their regular post to check out some activity, they have to "write it up". They don't want it; you don't want it; so, hunt during the day. Simple.

And, if their post is fairly close to where you'll be hunting, why not drive up to them first and let them know you'll be out 'tecting. That way, they'll have a ready answer for anyone asking about "those folks out messing around on the old base" and it would help build a good reputation for you and your hunt partners.
i gave the short full history of the base to um and they seemed interested in metal detecting.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
Shortstack said:

i gave the short full history of the base to um and they seemed interested in metal detecting.

:thumbsup: This might lead to other places to hunt that are not normally opened to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread