Old Time Radio

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
If any of you are interested in Old Time Radio programs you can google this site for a rebroadcast Of the Lone Ranger.
Dan Hughes and his daughter, Karen, have a part in it with Fred Foy; the original announcer for The Lone Ranger radio
programs. Dan Hughes is a treasure hunter, author, and radio personality. One of the books he wrote is titled, "The
Metal Detecting Manual" I have this book and would reccomend it to anyone interested in coin shooting or treasure
hunting. It is especially good for somewone who hasn't been into metal detecting for a long time because of so much
helpful information in it. There is an article about Dan Hughes on page 62 in the Dec. issue of Lost Treasure.

for The Lone Ranger site Google...

You-Tube- The Lone Ranger, as performed at the Cincinnati Old-Time Radio Convention,1996

For Dan Huges treasure site, go to

http://thetreasurecorner.com

You can take it from here. enjoy.

Ray

K

Kentucky Kache

You do know that Dan Hughes is a member here, right?

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Kentucky Kache, thanks for the tip. I didn't know. I have never seen a post of his, but maybe I should have waited a few days.
I have a bummed up hand now so I'll be waiting till spring to get back out detecting.There is a lot of information in his book
that I'm anxious to make use of.
Have a great day and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Ray

K

Kentucky Kache

karenray08 said:
Kentucky Kache, thanks for the tip. I didn't know. I have never seen a post of his, but maybe I should have waited a few days.
I have a bummed up hand now so I'll be waiting till spring to get back out detecting.There is a lot of information in his book
that I'm anxious to make use of.
Have a great day and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Ray

And to you.

digluv

Dec 7, 2009
I used to be into rebuilding antique radios. In fact I still have about 20 sitting down in my basement.

digluv

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
Hi Roy!

I would have replied to your post earlier, but I just now ran across it.

Thanks for the kind words! Hope you're finding a lot of good stuff now that the snow's gone....

Best,

---Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread