The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have cultivated a major disrespect for authority. CPS tried to get me once. One of my daughters disappeared in the middle of the night once. I was freakin' out and, when I found her, pushed her up the stairs and said 'get the &%$%^&* in bed, NOW!' She mentioned to the nurse at school that I had pushed her. She mentioned it in passing and did not think anything of it...she knew she got off easy.

So, a CPS person came and interviewed my daughter and took pics at school without my consent. She then went to my other daughter's school and interviewed her and took pics. My youngest is pretty smart. She told them ' What do you want and does my Dad know what you're doing?' The person then tried to enter my house when I wasn't there. Luckily, my oldest was home and called me and I told her to keep the idiot out of the house. They dropped the case after 6 months. What a joke.

My daughter has a susceptibility to certain common drugs that make her 'freak out'...that's why she left the house...a walk (as far as I know). If you let a CPS person in your house, it better be spotless, or they will drum up something on you.

Beep

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
don't ever let CPS in your home, they manipulate the system to make it look like you've done something wrong
and then they use the excuse that were looking after the welfare of the children. when nothing is found they don't apologize
even though it costs you money out of your families pocket and you can't sue them to get it back either
they're nothing but a bunch of do gooders trying to save their ass by drumming up something to do

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sniffer said:
don't ever let CPS in your home, they manipulate the system to make it look like you've done something wrong
and then they use the excuse that were looking after the welfare of the children. when nothing is found they don't apologize
even though it costs you money out of your families pocket and you can't sue them to get it back either
they're nothing but a bunch of do gooders trying to save their ass by drumming up something to do

Yep.

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
It's amazing how things have changed over the years. When I was a kid I'd often have to take a cushion off of a kitchen chair to sit on at my desk from beatings that I'd received (well deserved) from my dad the night before. Now days you lay a hand on a child and dfacs comes and takes the kids away, puts them in foster care, and locks you up. I can't imagine how much of a nightmare I would have been had my dad not had the ability to punish me for just being a complete terror when I was a kid.

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
Ahh, the classic question... and I don't want this to end up get moved to the religion/politics section...

But how is the phrase "spare the rod and spoil the child" supposed to be interpreted? It can be interpreted as a waring as in if you spare the rod you will spoil the child, or it can be interpreted as a dictate to don't use the rod and spoil the child instead. It's a classical case of phrased language that leaves so much open for interpretation that it takes the supreme court to decide on what it "really" means.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
let me clarify. our society is so caught up in "doing our own thing" that a lot of people don't take
the time or responsibility to raise their children. they let society and the teachers raise them and then
when they get in trouble they blame everyone else, instead of looking at themselves

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all due respect for both sides of the debate.

My daughter came home with a "run-away". In fact, my daughter talked her into coming into our home. (she thought Mom would know exactly how to solve her problem).

This girl was pregnant from her father - not step-father or live-in man - her father - who apparently had been molesting her for a couple of years, at the very least.

I did not call the police first. I called Social Services, and they did the rest. The girl stayed with us for a few days, until the father was gotten out of the home, etc. Even her mother was not allowed contact with her until all was said and done.

How about if the 'father' (and I use this term sooooo loosely), called the cops (we were in a different police district), and had them pounding at door?

They are police, not the friggin' FBI or the KGB. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER - give up your constitutional rights for the "if you have nothing to hide"
crap. Make them get the search warrant.

Somehow, in the last 20 years, police have become more and more powerful - more than their status dictates.

Of course, police will say anything they have to - true or not - I especially LOVE the "what if it was yours" - well - what if it was. Do you want a cop harassing a perp so that he cuts out? Then we could have one of those high speed chases that could kill someone, including the person (maybe your kid) could die from.

Many good policemen and women KNOW how to handle situations like this, properly. He/She could have very easily asked if you would step outside - then, they have the perp (if there is one), and not involve an innocent that may or may not be, in the house.

We still live in America, and I will be "damned", if I will give up ANY rights (like innocent until proven guilty - and not by a couple of cops), for any kind of "safety". That is what leads to - and has already lead to the minimizing of our rights for the sake of "protect me" please.

It amazes me, though, that the very same folks who believe in the constitution, drop all that if they are on the other side of wanting to take away one of yours.

B

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And no, they aren't going to kick your door in unless you don't answer of course

4-H,

I wish you were right, but, unfortunately - they are some who will, indeed, knock down your door, crash through your windows, and, at times, drag you naked into the streets. Some will do this without a warrant - or with an incorrect warrant - or at the wrong addresses.

Some, have been known to fly over a building and fire-bomb it, setting an entire city block on fire (Pennsylvania), and, all for a person that was not even in their home.

B

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
well at least we can all agree, that there are a lot of cops out there that have a serious mental deficiency
with power

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• ROFLMAO.gif
    ROFLMAO.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 157
  • ROFLMAO.gif
    ROFLMAO.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 164
C

Cappy Z.

I find it revealing MOST have little positive to say about our beloved police.Maybe it is time they start 'earning' the respect of the communities they supposedly 'serve and protect'. I personally have no reason to even say hello to a cop.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rando said:
mrs.oroblanco said:
And no, they aren't going to kick your door in unless you don't answer of course

4-H,

I wish you were right, but, unfortunately - they are some who will, indeed, knock down your door, crash through your windows, and, at times, drag you naked into the streets. Some will do this without a warrant - or with an incorrect warrant - or at the wrong addresses.

Some, have been known to fly over a building and fire-bomb it, setting an entire city block on fire (Pennsylvania), and, all for a person that was not even in their home.

B

Jesus, are you sure you and I aren't RELATED? ???

Every time you post something it's like I was thinking it.
(Don't tell Oroblanco though, there would be trouble) :laughing7:

My long lost family.

Is it me or are people that think the way we do speaking their mind more now, or does that just come with age? It seems that a certain segment of the population is fed up with things and have decided to speak up.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it's kind of hard to respect police that have no respect for the people they were hired to protect

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:

4-H,

B

mrs.o
Have You been Following The Shenadoah Mess ?
Hate Crimes,coverups, Kidnappings,
extortion, Even beatings & Hangings in cells ?

C

Cappy Z.

jeff of pa said:
mrs.oroblanco said:

4-H,

B

mrs.o
Have You been Following The Shenadoah Mess ?
Hate Crimes,coverups, extortion, Even Hangings in cells ?

Sounds the Chicago 'interviewing' rooms.....oops..

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JeffofPa,

Yes - we still get a couple of online Pa newspapers - to keep track of things there.

It's getting worse, I believe.

B

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, it seems like our protectors have become, in certain instances, like our jailers. I will [will not say...due to fear of prosecution].

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread