Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet they will Let you Detect the Property for a Buck Too

In this photo provided by the city of Taylor, Mich., an abandoned bungalow is shown in an undated photo. City officials are asking for a buck for the two-story Arts and Crafts-Style home built in 1926 that features four bedrooms and two bathrooms. The catch? The buyer of the 2,110-square-foot fixer must move it from its current location no later than May 31. (AP Photo/City of Taylor)

8cb57275-abee-4342-b724-d51f210ac579-big.jpg

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ALOW?SITE=PAPOE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Slim_Pickins

Feb 26, 2014
Lincoln Park, Mi
Detector(s) used
I have 2 white's coinmasters and 1 Garrett ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm I know where that is and it was built in 1926. Bet. Come on spring weather.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm I know where that is and it was built in 1926. Bet. Come on spring weather.

post was Feb 13, 2010, 05:41 AM
so I take it nobody was willing to Fork over $1.00 & move it to a new location ?

or is it at a new location ?

Slim_Pickins

Feb 26, 2014
Lincoln Park, Mi
Detector(s) used
I have 2 white's coinmasters and 1 Garrett ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dropped in on this site. Seems that there was a change in plan for the property. It is now going to be a business.
I pulled into the driveway and noted lg metal dumpsters. Looking around I noted that the garage had been demoed. And 2 vacant lots adjoining the property. So I grabbed my garrett 350 and headed into the back of this area.
After a few hrs of swinging all I had to show for my efforts was a lot of UIO's and an old screen copper door latch and locking mechanism.

Some interesting features I seen were an old stone bbq pit, where i had found a zink mason jar cap about 4 inch's down. No jar though.
Out back in the lot to the right of the house I found the tell tell signs of privies. Would be interesting to find the owner of that property and attempt to get permission to dig them. Hopefully I can get back to the area with my older whites coinmaster.

Junk is a sign of opportunity :)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
For a buck it still wasnt a deal:laughing9:Any idea on how much it cost to move a house,you wouldnt want to pay it.I use to do that for work

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Having spent more than 20 years in Metro-Detroit - and lived in Taylor for a year, Detroit would sell you a home for a dollar - but you'd have to live in the house for 3 years I think it was....

In the news about a decade ago, there was a family who bought one of those homes. But they made the horrible mistake of showing affluence, two new cars in the driveway, fixing up the house....

The couple were found shot to death and their home ransacked, no one ever caught.....

And the City of Detroit once again welcomed in a family who tried to end the blight.....

And, Taylor is not a heck of a lot different with a very high population of registered sex offenders. A dear friend bought one of those distressed properties and awoke with a man standing at her bed. She did not resist, and she did not report it - until the same thing happened to her next door neighbor.

Incidentally, the guy walked free....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread