Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, I drove right by that building near the intersection of Hwy 183 and Mopac (1) 5 minutes BEFORE it happened on my way to a job site.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
This man was very strong in his convictions. Perhaps he felt like a martyr. If you read his note, you'll get an idea of why he felt it necessary to make this point. A point that won't go unnoticed like a strongly worded letter would. If you haven't read it yet, I recommend you do.

It's unfortunate that he aimed it toward innocent people. But at the same time, I predict there will be a lot of people that think he is a hero for giving his life toward something he believed in.

//just down the road from me.

What also strikes me as odd... a man complains about money problems, but yet he owns a private plane.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
That caught my attention , too , Mikeo . It's all everyone else's fault that he got in the situation he found himself in .
Best solution is to go into max tantrum mode and blame the world for what 'You caused me to do!'
What remains of his that they scrape up should just be dumped in the nearest hog pen or sewage processing center with no recognition .
And I despise the IRS ......

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the media and "sources" (including the government) have this one wrong.

I think this guy was trying to take down Echelon. (it was the Echelon building) That's why he said in his letter that most Americans don't know how many rights they've lost.

Echelon is the private corporation that has been linked with spying on American citizens. I don't think the government wants that to be coming out again.

B

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Hmmm ,
Interesting thought there , Mrs. O ..... We'll have to see if this gets any major playtime .
Betchya' it gets 'misdirected' on purpose in the media .

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truckinbutch,

I bet you're right. When the thing first happened, they were talking about Echelon. Then, they had his letter on-line (which I had a chance to see most of, but not all, before they pulled it).

Then it turned into the FBI building, and then it turned in the IRS.

This is something we will never get the whole story on. (IMO)

B

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
can you say cover up?-- its so easy to say he was a nut job tax protestor , and get folks to buy into it ---much better than "he gave his life protesting "illegal domestic spying" by the us govt"--- oppsie can't let that cat outta the bag can we media folks ? --so --in the interest of "national security" pull that info OFF THE WEB AND PUT A ALL MEDIA SOURCES / OUTLET GAG ON IT .

BY DOING SOMETHING SO DANG CRAZY --HE MADE SURE GOT THE ATTENTION OF MEDIA FOLKS -- HE HOPED VIA THE FIRST RAPID ATTENTION TO GET HIS " DEATH MESSAGE" NOTE OUT BEFORE THEY REALZED WHAT IT WAS THAT HE WAS REALLY SAYING --BUT THE GOVT WAS TOO FAST AND SHUT DOWN THE MEDIA OUTLETS BEFORE HIS INFO BECAME WIDELY KNOWN , THE POOR FOOL DID NOT KNOW THE POWER PLAYERS ( THE POWERS THAT BE) OWN THE MEDIA -- SO YOU WILL ONLY SEE AND HEAR WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO,

as the great wit --mark twain said , ---if you do not read the papers you are uninformed and if you do most often your misinformed . :wink:

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
One thing that he complained about, is actually a real problem with the IRS. Its a law stating that computer programmers can't start their own business because they are prone to cheat the IRS in taxes made during their freelancing. This is true about every freelance person. The IRS somehow pinpointed the software people with this law. Congress realizes this is a screwy law, but for some reason, it doesn't change.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread