Your Strangest Coincidence

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the strangest coincidence that has ever happened to you? Please post it here.
Here is mine:

A few years ago while living in St. Charles, MO. I talked one of my CB buddies into coming over so we could walk to Burger King as it was a nice evening, (and my car was broke down)
While we were walking he started asking me questions about my background in the Military Police.
I began to regale him with stories about some of the crazy things we used to get away with, in particular, a partner I had, (George was his name-o) who was as crazy as you could imagine and lived in Indianapolis.
I told my friend several stories about myself and my Army buddy and the exploits that would have gotten us thrown out of the military if they were to happen in this day and age. We were stationed at a base in West Texas.
As we were 'enjoying' our Whopper meals, a white van pulled into the parking lot, two fellas got out and walked toward the eatery. One of the guys had a distinct and recognizable gait. "No way", I said to myself...
When they entered the 'raunt, I could plainly see that it was my old buddy George!!!
Seems he and the other guy were returning to Indy from a job they had finished and decided to stop in Missouri to grab a meal.
I hollered at George, we exchanged hugs and handshakes, then I invited them to sit with us so we could catch up.
It had been about ten years or more since I had last saw him.
Good times!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had something weird like that happen to me a few months ago...

I was on Skype (video chat) with my girlfriend one night, and I had heard a few police cars flying by. Well it reminded me of a night like that back before college when I was in high school, and how there was a police copter flying over our neighborhood with police cars blocking every single residential road & main road. All you could see were cop lights flashing everywhere, and a helicopter shining it's bright spot light down all over our street. I was asked that night to go back inside and lock the door because they had the K-9's out on our block, and they thought the person was somewhere around our street... so I immediately went back inside & locked the deadbolt.

Well right as I was telling her that, I decided to get off Skype and go outside to see what all the commotion was. I called her up on my cell with my headset and went outside, right as I got to the corner, I noticed that there were again cop cars all up and down our street... then my dad walked up behind me. Right as he did, I was recounting the story with him about how that happened last time... then an unmarked Sheriff pulled up behind us and spotted us with his light... when he got beside us, he had a suspicious look on his face and asked us where we lived. We told him the house we were standing in front of, and he immediately said the exact same thing as last time (which I just finished telling my girlfriend 5 min's before)... that there were K-9 dogs loose on our street, and to go inside at once and lock our doors because they believe the suspect is close by. It was really weird because we NEVER have stuff like that going on around here. It's normally a really peaceful & calm neighborhood with no break-in's or theft. Anyway, my girlfriend and I just chuckled about it after I went back inside...

Bran <><

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's wild, godisnum1!
We see police copters occasionally in my 'hood. A couple weeks ago one was hovering right over my house at what looked like spitting distance. I brought my daughter and her BFF outside so we could wave at them when they hit us with the hundred bazillion candlepower spot! :laughing7:
Seems they were looking for an escaped prisoner who decided to hide out at his sis's place. They got him.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
my life seems to be full of coincidents, but my fave one is this.
I was a runaway,(had been for 3 yrs) on a beach at 3 AM in CA. I was scared & alone & didn't know what to do next. I got on my knees & said God, if you are real, please lead me to my brother. I need him now. I had no contact w/ family cuz I was still a minor. 2 wks later, after hitch hiking from CA to FL, (just had a feeling I had to go there) I saw my cousin walking on a street in Gainsville! ( we were all from MO) he said my bro was living 2 blocks from where we were standing! went there, & happily collapsed in his arms. I do believe in God. & I believe in miracles. I am not religious, but I am spiritual. I believe every day is another miracle. am still waiting for my miracle dig!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a wonderful story mamabear!! God definitely knows what He's doing... awesome! :)

And GopherDaGold, I've actually heard ALOT of military helicopters & fighter jets overhead lately. It's been unnerving, because of a dream I used to have as a kid when I lived here at home. MacDill Airforce Base is right across the Bay over in Tampa, but I've still not seen this much activity in my lifetime. Hope it's just mere coincidence....

The only other experience I've ever had was more than coincidence or deja vous. That one steps the boundaries of both. :-\

Bran <><

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here's mine, and it's actually a coincidence I'm writing it, because I couldn't really think of anything until I read the words Burger King.... so I take that as a hint it should be what I write.

It's pretty simple, but considering the nature of this forum I think it fits. I guess I was 16 or 17 at the time and was with a bunch of friends, most of us drunk, and hanging out at the usual spot, Burger King. We had decided to leave and I guess I was anxious to get out of there because I was first to the car. I then reached my hand out and pulled up the handle to open the door and a penny fell out. For a few seconds I stood there thinking to myself how the hell did that just happen, there's no way a penny could have been there to fall. I then turned around to see my buddy about 100 feet away throwing change at me. ;D

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
Co-inkydink 1

BK (before kids, not Burger King) my wife and I would just take off for a weekend on a moments notice. We ended up in southern PA. My wife had a friend in that general area and tried calling her to see if we could meet. No answer. On our way home we stopped for gas near the NY/PA line. I was filling the tank and my wife went to the restroom. A guy at the next set of pumps was really eyeing her. When she came out the guy was staring in a way that was making me nervous. I was about to say something when he spoke up and called her by name. It was the husband of the friend she had tried to get hold of. They had been visiting her parents for the weekend and had called our house hoping to get together with us. Whats the chances of that happening and then meeting at a gas station in the process!

Co-inkydink 2

About two years ago we had a mishap at work. An odd chain of events led to some carbon monoxide poisoning from a propane forklfit. Actually it was more then some. Myself and my employer ended up in a hyperbaric chamber. Two freaky things happened. That morning the boss was setting up a job and showing two "kids" how to run it. One step involved heating and bending plastic. He joked that he was giving it the bends like the divers get. One of the kids didn't know what that was so he explained it. Then said that the cure is to put the person in a "HYPERBARIC CHAMBER"! How many times in your life have you ever said those words. The very day he uttered them he found himself in one. When my brother found out what happened he called me and told me what he was reading that same day at lunch. He is a heavy equipment mechanic. He was reading an article in a trade magazine about carbon monoxide poisoning from propane forklifts. While he was reading it I was living it!

P.S. I must add that prior to going into the chamber they make sure there will be no problem with pressure on the ears. They don't want any ruptured eardrums. So they puncture your ear drums. They shove a big needle thru them. If you just cringed I can tell you that it was far worse then you can imagine.

P.S.S. If you do not have a carbon monoxide detector in your home then please get one. Everything you hear about it is TRUE. I can tell you from experience. You most likely will not know you are effected. You will think you are just getting a headache or feeling crappy. And if you lay down to sleep it off you may not wake up. It is odorless and deadly. It took someone else who had not been in the shop all morning to see there was something wrong. Please protect yourself and your family.

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW to both!!! :icon_thumleft:
Glad it turned out well and yes I cringed!

T

TreasurdiggrNY

2 years ago I was walking up to Macy's here in NYC to get a few Christmas gifts. On the way I walked by celebrity DJ Bruce Morrow aka "Cousin Brucie" aka the Magician in the movie Dirty Dancing. When I got home I told the Mrs. and she said did you talk to him? did you say Hi? I said nah.

The very next day I'm all the way Downtown standing and waiting for the light to change when a guy walks up next to me, also waiting to cross. I turn my head to look and can't believe it, yup, "Cousin Brucie"

I talked to him this time and told him how I'd seen him the day before, he said he was up there for a Doctors appointment. Nice guy, weird coincidence though.

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Growing older and more tired I guess, and not having dreams while sleeping, the following is something that happened ten years ago.

In a dream, with no plot and no 'visuals', I simply heard my friend's distinctive, jovial laugh. The sound so vivid it woke me up, I realized I was home in bed, and went back to sleep.

Seemed like an instant later, I got the 3am call telling me had died a mile away, about the time I heard him laughing.

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! Was he ill? Freak accident?

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Excavator said:
Growing older and more tired I guess, and not having dreams while sleeping, the following is something that happened ten years ago.

In a dream, with no plot and no 'visuals', I simply heard my friend's distinctive, jovial laugh. The sound so vivid it woke me up, I realized I was home in bed, and went back to sleep.

Seemed like an instant later, I got the 3am call telling me had died a mile away, about the time I heard him laughing.

I love what life gives to us! simply amazing!!

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
GopherDaGold said:
Wow!! Was he ill? Freak accident?

He spent the last years of his short life with a terminal illness.

mamabear, his nickname was Bear.

R.I.P. Runnin' Bear, we miss ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread