spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I think by now you have an understanding on how I think, so on to the story.

Again, this was back in the 1970's while I was working for the same company. Names are never mentioned to protect the innocent and what's left of their honor.

I had been working under one of several supervisors that was just a really sort. I think he came to work to make others miserable just so he could feel better. You surely know the type, the kind to go home and kick the dog. The one good thing I can say about him is that he treated most people equally and that was poorly to say the least. He did have one, perhaps two that he took some warped liking to and I guess they were glad to a degree.

Always the thinker I was trying to figure out a way to get to him and teach him a good lesson. I had to wait a while, but the opportunity finally arose. It's funny how sometimes things just come to you from out of the blue. I was sent out to buy some things for the office when it hit me, gee, I have his card. Well I made the purchases and returned to the office, but I did take time to write down his card number. Being the type I am, I had to wait a few months to pull off my revenge. I wanted to keep a good distance from ever being tied to his card. No, I am not a thief and would never charge against anyone card, but I will call the credit card company and report it stolen. Funny thing was back in those days, they did not have the same protection as they do today, between passwords and other information. All I needed was his name and address. I just called them up and reported my card as missing and gave them his name and address.

All I know is that one Monday he was not a happy camper when he came to the office. Apparently he went out and wasn't able to use his card to cover some purchase, I forgot what it was anyway. He never said what he went through, but I am sure it wasn't pleasant.

Did he learn his lesson.. No, he was still as nasty as ever. Just goes to show you sometimes things don't work out the way you planned them

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Now I call that "cosmic karma"! Had a buddy who was at war with a neighbor, he called child protective services on them repeatedly, reported them for abusing their dog (they didnt even have a dog), told the electric company they were goin on vacation & had their power shut off, even wrote the IRS & they were audited 3 years in a row. He was devious........might be related to you Spartacus! :laughing9: I do hope you grace us with more!!! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no more revenge ones at this moment, but to be honest, I am cooking something up for a company I used to work for. But first I need to get the money they owe me, after that, all is fair as far as I am concerned. Even though I haven't done anything vengeful in over 30 years, I still have the capability. Now that I have mellowed, I am into good wholesome practical jokes. Those I will start to submit again tomorrow. I think many on here read my post and think I am a maniac, but I am not, well not anymore..

B

BigDan

I enjoy your stories

It seems to me we may be of like mind. When I was a kid there was an old guy on the block who had a four foot chain link fence. If anykind of ball went into his yard, we would NOT get it back. He even demanded money from my firends father for all the "dents" in his fence from balls hitting it. I don't remember any dents.

So I came up with a plan. We called him and I spoke in a low voice and told him his name had been drawn for a free large pizza. He bought into it and I asked him what kind of toppings he wanted. Then I called the pizza place, gave them his name, address, and phone number. I ordered the pizza.

Yeah, it was kind of mean. Especially to the delivery driver trying to collect. But he never got another pizza delivered from them and since it was the only place in town...

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Thats a good one Dan. My Dad was a great joker. When ABC showed "The Exorsicm" for the 1st time on TV back in the 70's it was a big deal. My Aunt wanted to watch but was afraid so she came over to see it, she lived a few blocks away & walked. I was about 11 or 12 & became very bored with it & ended up playing in my room. When it was over I came out & she seemed very scared & a little freaked out by the movie, was saying the walk home would be spooky. Dad offered a ride, she refused & walked out the front door. As soon as the door closed my Pop grabbed me & told me to run out the back door, down the alley & wait in the bushes a block down & scare the living hell outa my Aunt. I thought it was pure genious. I ran as fast as I could & waited in the bushes........finaly I could see her coming, was about to jump out & scream when my Pop came up behind me & grabbed me, screaming. Scared the daylights out of me. Turns out they were both in on it, had it planned halfway through the movie. They both teased me bout that for years.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I've never done a dishonest thing in my life. But it has been done to me. So yes, I have a shiat list. I pray for the day that they are stuck in the desert wanting help and I show up.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
mikeofaustin said:
I've never done a dishonest thing in my life. But it has been done to me. So yes, I have a shiat list. I pray for the day that they are stuck in the desert wanting help and I show up.

A little off topic here, but a while back, I lived in a bad neighborhood and had some kids take my stereo out of my car and I knew exactly who it was. I was pissed. Me, being an archer, I thought, "Hey, this is a perfect silencer, I can put a point through their heart - seal style. But, I got over it.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikeofaustin said:
mikeofaustin said:

A little off topic here, but a while back, I lived in a bad neighborhood and had some kids take my stereo out of my car and I knew exactly who it was. I was pissed. Me, being an archer, I thought, "Hey, this is a perfect silencer, I can put a point through their heart - seal style. But, I got over it.

I understand you 100%, I have had feeling like that too. I decided that since I do have as some may say a warped way of looking at things, I look at ways to get even that will not harm, but cause them grief.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikeofaustin said:
I'm in trouble... I need to talk to yall later. Ann is home.

No wonder. Having any association with me leads to that, even you're just reading my exploits and stories.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

This one was a joke more than revenge that was played against me....but in hindsight it was funny as h*ll so thought I'd share it with you.....

About 20 years or so ago....we had a big time practical joker by the name of Joe....other than Spart and maybe myself one of the most warped minds I knew...

I mentioned off the cuff that me and the missus were heading to Vancouver for a vacation shortly.....you have to remember this was before everything got computerized....

In any event he wanted to know what date, airline, time, etc....I was flying on/at....without thinking I gave him the info.

About 2 weeks later after liftoff and we leveled at cruising altitude....one of the attendants came on the microphone and asked for Mr. McD*** to identify himself because his kosher meal was ready.....1 had something like 250 starring at me wondering why a Scottish guy was insisting on kosher food.....what a hoot...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Can't just live and let live huh? :laughing7: QUOTE=spartacus53;1748206]I have no more revenge ones at this moment, but to be honest, I am cooking something up for a company I used to work for. But first I need to get the money they owe me, after that, all is fair as far as I am concerned. Even though I haven't done anything vengeful in over 30 years, I still have the capability. Now that I have mellowed, I am into good wholesome practical jokes. Those I will start to submit again tomorrow. I think many on here read my post and think I am a maniac, but I am not, well not anymore..[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wonder what Joe might have done if you were Chinese?
Folks,

This one was a joke more than revenge that was played against me....but in hindsight it was funny as h*ll so thought I'd share it with you.....

About 20 years or so ago....we had a big time practical joker by the name of Joe....other than Spart and maybe myself one of the most warped minds I knew...

I mentioned off the cuff that me and the missus were heading to Vancouver for a vacation shortly.....you have to remember this was before everything got computerized....

In any event he wanted to know what date, airline, time, etc....I was flying on/at....without thinking I gave him the info.

About 2 weeks later after liftoff and we leveled at cruising altitude....one of the attendants came on the microphone and asked for Mr. McD*** to identify himself because his kosher meal was ready.....1 had something like 250 starring at me wondering why a Scottish guy was insisting on kosher food.....what a hoot...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diesel,

Knowing Joe he probably would have ordered Irish stew or something....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread