spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broadway, one of the famous streets in the world. It's is so grand we don't have to say St, Rd, Ave, Rd, Ln, or anything else after it. Also before we move on to the practical joke a little bit of history for you. 1 Broadway is the actual site of the first Manhattan mixed! Way back when the city was an infant 1 Broadway was a lodge/tavern, and there the drink was born.

Now we move back to the good old 70's ;D I can still think of no better place to work than lower Manhattan and miss it to this day, luckily I still get to stomp my old grounds every once in a while. I believe it was back in 73 when the had rebuilt a little park across from my building. The ground was just an open cement area containing the Bowling Green Subway station.

Well the city did a grand job on rebuilding this small little park, adding a nice fountain, surrounded by a small garden. Add to that several benches and you had another alternative to Battery Park, with a little less walking. I remembered the park opening which had no fanfare whatsoever, and I thought this was wrong. I was always thinking what would be a good celebration for this park, especially located on Broadway.

While looking down at the park from my window it dawned on me. I went out and bought 2 boxes of laundry detergent, and I believe it was Duz, but I am not sure. The one thing I am sure of is that the soap came in the form of large tablets, which are perfect for tossing. Why take chance walking through a garden to dump soap into a fountain. Well I just sat at the bench with the Duz at my feet and went to work. I felt like a kid again skipping stones on a lake, I would grab a few large pellets and fire away. I was able to empty the 2 boxes in under 5 minutes and return to my office.

I told everyone what I did, and sure enough we went to the window to see suds and bubble flowing from the fountain. What a lovely sight, and a cleaner New York, all thanks to me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread