practical joke # 17 - Anyone for carrots?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again this takes place at good old T.M.R (Ten Mile River) scout camp. Sunday was always a busy day as that was visitors day, and changing of troops, so we were always busy on that day. This was my second year as a counselor and this time I was Program Director. That week we had a new troop that came from the Bronx, and these guys were a bunch of cut-ups. In my first few minutes I had them sized up as a bunch of trouble makers, but only to the degree of their practical jokes. Since we normally had 12 troops for a given week, we had Senior Patrol Leaders that were their go to man.

Apparently this troop did not care for this counselor and made it pretty clear they didn't appreciate his straight laced manner. It was also custom that from time to time counselors would join the troops for a dinner and give cooking tips, activity ideas, etc., during the meal. The night I joined them was also the night the senior leader joined for the meal. While I was with the guys preparing the meal I saw we had peas and carrots. I mentioned to the kids that little "red efts" (newts) looked so much like carrots. Needless to say, 3 of them ran off to collect a few of the creatures and chopped them up and added it to this guys dish. He ate it without knowing what he had. :D Not that I promote killing of little creatures, they were eaten at least.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread