Dog attacks my metal detector!!!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All,

I was park hunting in one of the many older parks in San Francisco and had a large dog literally attacked my metal detector. He started to jump on and bite my coil. I tried to turn around and face the other way, but he just continued the attack. I lifted the metal detector above my head and the dog was now jumping in the air and still trying to get at my detector! This dog was going nuts! It was showing his teeth and growling. I finally had enough of this experience and pulled out my pepper spray and blasted him in the face. He took off like a jack rabbit! I've been carring pepper spray for about 10 years, finally got a reason to use it. Glad I had it!

swampgal

May 3, 2008
G, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
My ridgeback done the same with my detector- He can not be around when I am operating it. Kinda like a vacume cleaner he does not like it.

swampgal

May 3, 2008
G, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
Ridgeback rescue. Find one in your area. I bought mine from a hog hunter, he won't hunt hogs, Kept jim from being deep- sixed. But he has saved me thousands of dollars twice on break ins. He is a good blood hound for humans.

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you guys think that certain dogs, or even breeds are susceptible to the electronic field that the detectors put out?

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
I have a handful of pneumatic nailguns for work. My lab is fine with all of them except one . When ever I shoot with my finish nailer she goes nuts and starts barking her head off.
Maybe she just doesn't like me finishing the job.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some MD,s make sounds we dont hear but a dog can it drives them nuts its something like a dog whistle makes i read that once

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
Deepdiger60 said:
Some MD,s make sounds we dont hear but a dog can it drives them nuts its something like a dog whistle makes i read that once
My point exactly.

S

stefen

This is not an anomoly...it has happened periodically in the past...and discussed on TN

Certain ultrasonic frequencies are emitted that attract animals, specifically dogs and urban coyotes.

If it happens, turn off the MD unit...the animal will leave.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe he thought it was a frisbee( i guess that is how you spell it) since the dog was in a park. I have never heard such a thing. Being in a park should that dog been on a leash? Glad you did not get bit, Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread