Stress is building!!!!!!!! Can peoples brain explodes from having stress?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Stress is building!!!!!!!! Can people's brain explodes from having stress?

Hello Everyone! I am quickly typing you guys this asking you this question. Can a persons head explode if they have too much stress built on them!? Right now I am taking 15 credits and trying to stick with my 3.7 gpa, but it is very hard to do in college. Math 098 is really stressing me out and I have two other classes. One of those two other classes requires 20 hours of community service, which I have one week and two days left to do. I am also studying for my A+ certification, which I am taking the big huge two tests June 23rd.

I have absolutely no free time between homework, and studying for tests and such. I did however go shopping on Saturday to get some new clothes which I have not had for 8 months. Now I am freaking out because I have assignments due Thursday. As you are reading this you can hear the stress in my voice.

AHHHHH! I am going to go crazy! Wish me luck on my math test on Tuesday guys! I need a c- to move onto the next course.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Re: Stress is building!!!!!!!! Can people's brain explodes from having stress?

Good luck to you Freak, hang tough & make it work. Remember, if you fail you just might be workin yer butt off for the next 50 years in some dirty shop like me. No pressure though.......... ;D

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT

No, stress cannot make your head explode. You must learn to manage stress instead of letting it manage you though.

Your math test on Tuesday will go through okay if you just close your eyes for a while and envision a vast green field full of grass. You don't have a metal detector in your hands, you're just sitting there in the grass looking out over the field and watching the birds overhead. Let your mind wander over the beauty of it all until you feel like you've lost conciousness... your body will go numb, your mind will merge between the concious and the subcouncious, and all stress will be lost.

Once you get calm from your self hypnosis, then hit the books again and study your behind off. If you start to feel stress again, go back to that field.

You'll make an A. I can feel it.

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

bigwater said:
No, stress cannot make your head explode. You must learn to manage stress instead of letting it manage you though.

Your math test on Tuesday will go through okay if you just close your eyes for a while and envision a vast green field full of grass. You don't have a metal detector in your hands, you're just sitting there in the grass looking out over the field and watching the birds overhead. Let your mind wander over the beauty of it all until you feel like you've lost conciousness... your body will go numb, your mind will merge between the concious and the subcouncious, and all stress will be lost.

Once you get calm from your self hypnosis, then hit the books again and study your behind off. If you start to feel stress again, go back to that field.

You'll make an A. I can feel it.

all i want is a C on the math test. I am still stressed. ahhhh. Going back to hw

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Detectingfreak said:
all i want is a C on the math test. I am still stressed. ahhhh. Going back to hw

Do what I would do in that situation... CHEAT :laughing7: No stress there, just make sure the person next to you is on their "A" game :icon_thumleft:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

math is simple there are really only 2 things you really do in math -- adding or subtracting * even multiplying is merely adding in a "faster" manner --6 x 55 is the same as adding a colum of 55 --6's --the same goes for dividing its just subtracting in a faster manner really (thus breaking things into smaller pieces is all)

all math is based on doing 1 of those 4 operations --adding , subtracting , multiplying or dividing in the proper "rules of math order"

nothing to it once you know the proper order of math functions

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

spartacus53 said:
Detectingfreak said:

Do what I would do in that situation... CHEAT :laughing7: No stress there, just make sure the person next to you is on their "A" game :icon_thumleft:

A $20 bill & a fine lunch at Sizzler should help in making sure they are on their "A" game! :icon_thumright:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Stress can kill you. With all you got goin on you shouldn't be here playin around on the internet, though. Sorry, I sound like somebody's dad I guess.

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT

ivan salis said:
math is simple there are really only 2 things you really do in math -- adding or subtracting * even multiplying is merely adding in a "faster" manner -- 6 x 55 is the same as adding a colum of 55 --6's --the same goes for dividing its just subtracting in a faster manner really (thus breaking things into smaller pieces is all)

all math is based on doing 1 of those 4 operations --adding , subtracting , multiplying or dividing in the proper "rules of math order"

nothing to it once you know the proper order of math functions
I'd tend to agree with you if math didn't get so complicated as it evolves. Even your simplification of math is an over complication. Math may be able to be broken down to addition and subtraction, but it can be broken down much farther, and to evaluate math on addition and subtraction is to limit what you can do with it. I had taught my stepson to do square roots when he was five. He was doing algebra by 6 and calculus by the time he was 7. By the time he was in tenth grade he could mathematically trace the entire Theory of Relativity on a blackboard with his right hand one line at a time, erasing the previous line with his left hand as he went along, at the same time quizing Einstein's math errors due to Einstein's fudging of his results due to the conflicts between the math and his religious beliefs. Understanding math is not just understanding addition and subtraction. What it really does involve is understanding how ones and zeros interact in complex environments, and that's what all math students have to eventually understand. Forget base ten which is what most of us are taught. Figure out how to comprehend base one and everything will flow naturally from there.

Like the old saying goes, there are only 10 types of people in this world... those that understand binary, and those that don't

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN said:
Stress can kill you. With all you got goin on you shouldn't be here playin around on the internet, though. Sorry, I sound like somebody's dad I guess.

Funny thing is I was going to say that too at first. This is what I get a kick out of:

"I have absolutely no free time between homework, and studying for tests and such".

and your next sentence is that you went shopping :icon_scratch: How many other unnamed hobbies and events have gone on in between all of your homework and studying :dontknow:

For someone who has no time you seem to be spending a good amount of time online. I'll go one step further than RGINN did. I think you ought to lay off the internet until you studied and have taken your tests. I remember the last post you made crying that you couldn't serve jury duty because you have to study. All do respect here, but I think you need some tough love so that you can grow up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread