Another Contest?

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I spent a few hours lookin way back in EVERYTHING ELSE, back to '06-'07 & found some of the contests me, Lizard Queen, Gypsy & Tinpan threw..........some awesome stuff. "Pic of your most unusual find", "King/Queen of Rust" (Gypsy smoked the competition & "officialy" became the QUEEN OF RUST) "TN's greatest Liar competition" (Tie between Treasure Tales & Packer Backer).............good times & great posts, it was fun to read & remember. Im thinkin we need to do another contest soon, I hope to be able to start makin diggin tools again soon so I can fab a couple up for prizes. Just need an idea for a contest, something picture related............y'all got any ideas? ???

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geezzz, it's only Monday and now I have to put on my thinking hat. You've had some interesting ideas to start with, but let's see if we can think of something with a little twist to it. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
spartacus53 said:
Geezzz, it's only Monday and now I have to put on my thinking hat. You've had some interesting ideas to start with, but let's see if we can think of something with a little twist to it. :icon_thumleft:

Exactly. Some of those old contests were so much fun, so many funny posts...........I think we drove poor Jeff crazy, he's probably shakin his head & rolling his eyes right now. TNs greatest Liar contest was a hoot, too bad you werent around here then Spart, bet you'da been in the running! I asked for prize donations for the "Most unusual find" contest & was overwhelmed by the generosity of the members, divided prizes into 5 groups..........the winners came out like bandits, it was like Christmas in July! If you are bored look back to '06-'07 & check out the fun! :D

sandals55

Nov 25, 2008
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL 1, M6, BHID300
as a kinda new member (been here, just never really posted) what would be the qualifications for someone to take part in these contests? I am a very active member on the White's forum and we have had tons of fun contests! I am hoping to become more active on this and other forums that I am on.

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Ive always tried to keep it simple, make it so that most everyone can participate. I usualy require that a photo must be posted to be considered............example, in "TNs Greatest Liar" contest rules were tell a great big lie about metal detecting, what you found etc. You had to include at least one pic. Some of the craziest lies & accompanying photos were submitted, I'll try to post one or two here. I usually have someone choose 5 finalists then put up a vote to get a winner so that its fair. Fun stuff, funner & funnier when we get lots & lots of crazy members to particapate. :icon_thumright:
Dont worry Sandals, you will be eligible to participate! :)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or maybe even a true, funny, and non rewarding hunt may be in order. :dontknow: I got some of those :laughing9:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Oh dear....sounds like tons of fun! Some of the funniest posts I ever read were when Baldingboy and mastereagle22 were telling stories of their hunts....then the banter back and forth as they each told their own version and disputed the version of the other. What about the best story told about a hunt....maybe we could get some creative juices flowing with some of the folks that have been out hunting and choose the best stories? There are tons of good ones on here...why not make a contest to find the best ones?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Mighty AP said:
Hmmm..............interesting. :icon_cyclops_ani:

Funny you should use that icon...the story I was remembering in particular was one about ME22 looking like a lighthouse with his headlamp on. rofl

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
dancing_figure.gif

Attachments

• dancing_figure.gif
    dancing_figure.gif
    67.2 KB · Views: 188

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, sounds like I got back to TN just in time! Been away for a while and I'm yerning to tell & hear some amazing treasure yarns. While I was away I was in the deepest of Africa doing a bit of thing'n, even taught my pet elephant to swing my detector with his trunk, 2 chimps in tow carrying a scoop and a shovel. Can't wait to tell you all about it! And then there was that trip into the Amazon............

Hey, what ever happened to that guy with the fish kite? Rumor has it a seagull snatched it right out of the air, drug the poor guy all the way to Cape Cod? Is it true AP chased him on foot clear across Alaska just so he could collect all the change that was falling out of his pockets? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
OK, ive been really sick (better now) & its been quite hectic at work lately but I have 2 tools that Im halfway done with that are promised out to members, THEN I will make one to give away for a contest. So give me a couple weeks to get er done & we'll have us a fun lil' competition! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Cynangyl said:
Oh dear....sounds like tons of fun! Some of the funniest posts I ever read were when Baldingboy and mastereagle22 were telling stories of their hunts....then the banter back and forth as they each told their own version and disputed the version of the other. What about the best story told about a hunt....maybe we could get some creative juices flowing with some of the folks that have been out hunting and choose the best stories? There are tons of good ones on here...why not make a contest to find the best ones?

OK people, Ive just about got a diggin' tool made up so we're about ready to kick this thing off! Now Im pouring lots of love into this thing, gonna make er real perty for one lucky winner! My mind is a complete blank (nuthin' new) & Cyn had a good idea so lets run with it.........The Best Story About A Hunt! We'll let it run for a week, longer if we are still getting posts. Since Cyn is the brains, she will be deciding who the winner is & who takes home a Mighty Diggin' Tool! (bribes & gifts are recomended) :wink: I'll post pics of the prize when we start.......maybe tonight. I'll start the thread right here in EVERYTHING ELSE & we'll see if Jeff moves it. Lets keep it clean, funny & including a pic with your story helps........ 8)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
Cynangyl said:

OK people, Ive just about got a diggin' tool made up so we're about ready to kick this thing off! Now Im pouring lots of love into this thing, gonna make er real perty for one lucky winner! My mind is a complete blank (nuthin' new) & Cyn had a good idea so lets run with it.........The Best Story About A Hunt! We'll let it run for a week, longer if we are still getting posts. Since Cyn is the brains, she will be deciding who the winner is & who takes home a Mighty Diggin' Tool! (bribes & gifts are recomended) :wink: I'll post pics of the prize when we start.......maybe tonight. I'll start the thread right here in EVERYTHING ELSE & we'll see if Jeff moves it. Lets keep it clean, funny & including a pic with your story helps........ 8)

the easy way to not have it moved

Put it Here

Games and Contests

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,388.0.html

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
I dont mind if you move it Jeff but can I put here in EVERYTHING ELSE for a couple days so people can find it? Also, after you move it it will say it has been moved, make it easy to find. I dont think too many people go down where GAMES & CONTESTS are located. Your decision Jeff, let me know where & I'll start it tonight. :icon_thumright:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Mighty AP said:
Cynangyl said:

lol I do believe I got railroaded! :wink: Looking forward to the contest for sure! I can't wait to hear all the crazy stories!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread