If you hit the mega millions, what would you do?

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Pay off all the mortgages of my friends and family, bring my home up to expectations, bail out St. Jude's, and travel. I pretty much share what I have and live close to the heart, so that won't change. -Noodle

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pay of all my loans and help my family out. Then I would put the rest in stock and bonds and take the intest each year and help out a couple of families that is in need. As I know what it means to need help.....Matt

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pay for all the Meds my liberal friends need. :laughing9: And a new set of slicks every week (slicks...tires)

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd buy some property in Northern California gold rush territory, preferably bordering a year-round stream or river. Then I would build a modest home. I would do some recreational prospecting for gold, grow some food, and maybe buy a plot of land where I could do some hard rock mining and detecting. I'd probably have to build a few guest cottages so that I could have some like-minded folks come up to visit and enjoy those activities with me.

That sounds like a perfect existence.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would create the World Championship Competition Treasure Hunt. Invite the beast competition metal detectorists in the world and offer major prize money for the best place hunters. Make it a yearly major event held at a fist class site. It would be a three days of competition hunting with speed and luck being the major factors toward winning. I would even have a gold coin hunt with 300 or more gold coins planted in a field! An event like this might attract 2000 or more hunters from all over the world, the more the better! I'd even get ESPN to air it on TV! Imagine a cash prize of say maybe $10,000.00 for first place!?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
sigh , simple continue to be a lazy bum, hunting lost Jesuit gold mines and of course -----Gods gift to mankind. Blushing.

Don Jose de La Mancha

And friend to the working man. LOL

Thom

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy & Lease Historical Properties,
and properties that are said
to have caches on them.
& Start a GPAA Type Program
for Treasure Hunters.

All Members would have
full access to hunt any of the properties
at their leasure.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would buy a old home in England somewhere i dont care if it had a grass thatch roof and a Range Rover hire some farmer to plow the old Roman fields a few hundred acres :laughing7: and MD until i drop find a fair young maiden to keep things neat :thumbsup: :headbang: Dd60

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
I like deepdigger's idea.

I'd have a small eclectic home built into the side of some mountainous Hawaiian island. A place with open space but surrounded by thick jungle. There I'd open a shelter for dogs of all kinds. One large retirement home for dogs. I'd spend my days chasing native women of no inhibitions and sailing the outer reefs. I'd drink at sunset in the company of any slow girl I could catch during the day. My dogs lying all around the bamboo and wicker porch looking out over the empty copper sea at sunset. I'd avoid most people.

I'd be very happy doing such a thing.

Old Town

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Texastee, ever notice how people tend to gravitate toward the environment they were born into? I was born on an island and actually feel some kind of anxiety when away from the ocean for any amount of time. Like when driving on the mainland. Without a trace of salt in the air I do not feel centered.

The desert dweller must have the same sense too. I can understand the appeal of a Texas country existence. I love the old cowboy movies with all the open space. Sailing is my horse on the open plain. It's the feeling of freedom more than anything else.

OT

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Old Dog said:
If you hit the mega millions, what would you do?

Probably get a new truck and get my teeth fixed.

Otherwise nothing too different than what I do now.
maybe travel more.

Old Dog, if that's you in the avatar I'd throw in for a face lift too!

OT

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After the usual paying off debts and setting up family and friends, and of course travel, I'd probably buy a really cool old house in need of restoration and fix it to mint condition.

Then I'd probably set up a charitable trust and spend the rest of my life giving the money away.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old town, Ole Dog, & Tex: Now you understand why I live in northern Mexico, I can still go for a few days without meeting someone else on my mule. When I first came I could, and did, go for weeks at a time without meeting any one. loved it. sigh

Old town, dogie you have to watch out for this though, it will louse up any plans that you may have. Cost me my land grant on the tributary of the upper Amazon. Mi mommy never told me about this.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread