Umm Ahh...Yeah well....

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
So i'm on the beach yesterday when this couple wander over:
"what are you doing?"
"metal detecting"
"Thought so. Doesn't that usually mean you find things in the ground?"
"Umm yeah."
"Ok, so why were you waving your machine around in the air sharply to your left,then right,then above your head?"

...How to explain you were trying to kill a very persistant wasp without looking a complete fool ? :laughing9:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there a breeze?? If so, I would have told them I am scanning for gold dust.. This particular area is well known for that dust, when lucky you can find enough in a day to make a ring :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
It was just a funny anecdote Spart mate,but thanks for the idea lol. Now there's a Swedish couple telling all their friends they met a crazy Englishman on the beach with a £1200 fly swatter!!!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries, the only time I take an anecdote is when I am bitten by a poisonous snake. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
@ Packer - :laughing9: :laughing9:

"Tomatoes! Tomatoes!..get your rotten tomatoes here! Only $1 a pound!"

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just tell them you'll be fine once you get all the ants off yourself. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread