Do you have any family connections to...

K

Kentucky Kache

outlaws of fame? I guess infamy would be a better word.

I have a connection with the James Lewis Dalton family, who's sons comprised the Dalton gang. James Lewis Dalton married Adaline Younger, who was an aunt of the infamous Cole Younger. I haven't made any connections with Jesse James, but his father's middle name is the same as my Mother's maiden name.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Not me, But my good American friend "Misty" is related to "wild bill" Hickok! (not an outlaw i know..but same time frame!)

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandmother's father, who I obviously never got the chance to meet, was a riverboat gambler, shot dead while playing cards. That's all I got......that I know about.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been told that i am a 23rd cousin to John Wilkes Booth but have never seen any thing to prove it!!!!

Chug!!! :o :o

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told that I am a cousin to the Lone Range. But I don't have the money like he did.....Matt

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kentucky Kache said:

I have a connection with the James Lewis Dalton family, who's sons comprised the Dalton gang. James Lewis Dalton married Adaline Younger, who was an aunt of the infamous Cole Younger. I haven't made any connections with Jesse James, but his father's middle name is the same as my Mother's maiden name.
They had a place to hide here in California not far from me so i understand. Only thing i can think of is my bro was an alter boy for 12 years :-X

Capt_Gregg

Greenie
Sep 25, 2010
Kentucky Kache said:

There is a very slim connection by marriage:
Cole's grandfather sired 19 children by 4 different women, but for the sake of brevity, I'll refer to them all as brother and sister. Cole's father had a sister, Adeline, who married Lewis Dalton and was mother of the infamous Dalton brothers. He had a brother, Bruce, that was briefly married to a woman who later gained notoriety as Belle Starr. Another brother, Thomas Coleman (for whom "Cole" was named), was the second husband of Augusta Peters Inskeep. Augusta's sister was the mother of John Peters Ringo (better known as Johnny Ringo). Her maternal grandmother was the sister of Benjamin Simms, who was the second husband of Zerelda James (mother of Frank and Jesse).

B

BIG61AL

My dad once said his dad use to brew bathtub gin for Dutch Schultz in the twenties.

Attachments

• P__Dutch Schultz.jpg
    P__Dutch Schultz.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 146

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread