Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I am a Member of Both the FMDAC & WWATS

I do think the Forums have more Members,
and therefore should be more relevant.

Personally, I think Both Organizations should become more involved with all the forums and Magazines.

As they both have their own forums, but if you look at membership
on them, it is VERY SAD.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think they are doing anything but organizing hunts. I am a Independant member and have sent messages and two letters to officers and it's been months and still no reply by email or snail mail. Unless things change, I don't think I will renew.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman256 said:
I don't think they are doing anything but organizing hunts. I am a Independant member and have sent messages and two letters to officers and it's been months and still no reply by email or snail mail. Unless things change, I don't think I will renew.

I'm an independent also.

I complained about that last year on their forum.

they wern't printing any Newsletters.
or responding to my membership renewal.

a Short time after I Complained, they started them up again.

My understanding, they had a big change in "Brass" (If you will)
causing a big change in the way things are done.

They do send reps to all the hunts I'v attended, including the GPAA
shows. and they are always willing to answer questions in person.
I don't know whey they ignore Snail Mail sometimes, other then
maby the postage.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Speaking for myself, TNet is more relevant to the way I pursue the hobby. On a larger scale, any group of people who call themselves an organization will probably be taken more seriously than a group of individuals, like TNet. TNet does not have an agenda which is good...nothing to get in the way of enjoying the forum. It has the ability to inform and shape the detecting community, but lacks the political wherewithal that an organization may have.

TBGO

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
The Beep Goes On said:
TNet does not have an agenda which is good...nothing to get in the way of enjoying the forum. It has the ability to inform and shape the detecting community, but lacks the political wherewithal that an organization may have.

TBGO

I think that pretty well sums it up. Forums are fine for fellowship, exchange of information, etc. However, the hobby also needs a strong and aggressive lobbying organization. Whether the FMDAC measures up to that standard is another matter, but at least it has the potential to do so; and until or unless something better comes along, I don't think we ought to scrap it.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The key word here is "revelant". The FMDAC is not as well run as it used to be but, what it does do is still needed. It is an organized voice for the purpose of fighting bad regulations state and federal and assist with law suits against metal detector users. They are having a hard time getting qualified personnel in their system. The state reps are volunteers, they use who they get. TNet is a forum, be it a good one, it focuses more on individual opinions and ideas that are shared. These may be important to 10 people or 100,000. The FMDAC tries to help keep your right to hunts of all in tact. They are two different organizations, witch I belong to and support.

Ed Donovan

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would like to bump this Thread also.
I would like to know more about what people will do to help themselves.
Thanks Arid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread