Worst Christmas Gift

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was 7 or 8 I jokingly asked for 'socks, blocks, and rocks' for Christmas. I considered myself quite a clown I suppose.
Santa decided to wrap all the gifts that year and the six of us kids opened our gifts one at a time in succession.
I was stunned to find old dirty socks in my first gift, toy blocks, (from our old toy box) in the second, then pea gravel from the driveway in my third gift.
My parents had a good laugh but I was not impressed.

Anyone else?

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol that's funny
your parents have great humor

nah, I never got a bad Christmas present --lucky me
but I think I gave some bad ones :laughing9:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I have a large family so we would all put our names in a hat and draw out one to see who we would get a gift for. The 2 times my older brother got my name I got a dozen pair of brown jersey gloves one year and a nut cracker the other. Just what every kid wants for christmas >:(

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
When I was 17 I think I got a multi colored checkered pair of pants needless to say they went to second hand store unworn. Never had a really great gift just normal stuff usually clothes oh well needed them anyhow. Actually I try to come up with money to buy myself something that way I get at least one gift and it is something I wanted.

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D
Anyone else?

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a little kid of 8 or 9 my brothers decided to wrap coal for me as my "gift". If I recall correctly it was placed inside the empty box of a nice radio controlled car.

That little kid sat there and suggested where the coal could be put, right there on Christmas morning. They got in more trouble than I did. ;D

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
When i was younger, my mom would ask us for our christmas lists. And every year there was never anything we put on the list under the tree. What was the point mom! We were all grateful....but never understood her train of thought concerning our lists. It was weird.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Pocket Fisherman. In a former life I was with the ex-wife over at her folks house about a week before Christmas and the ad for that came on the TV. I couldn't let that go. "What sort of fool would want that thing!" I couldn't just stop there, and since a hush had filled the room I carried on until the wife kicked me and whispered "Shutup!" Later she told me that's what my ex-Mother-in-law got me for Christmas. She didn't change it for somethin else either, so I had to open it and act pleased. Best I could come up with was "Hey, I've seen these on the TV!" It was a piece of crap, too. I used the knife once to try to cut a radiator hose on the truck, but it didn't work too good. I still got it somewhere, too.

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron Popeil is still chuckling about that one. I have one of those myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread