$3.00 An Hour

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what an E-5(buck Sargeant) makes per hour in the US Army(before about 25% in taxes).
Factor in that the current pay rate for a grade E-5 is $2199.30 per month
(http://www.military.com/military/benefits/0,15465,2010-House-Proposed-Military-Pay,00.html#epay)
and that soldiers are on duty 24/7 and there are 8760 hours in a year,
gives the total of a penny over $3.00 an hour.

Who but the Best would work for those wages with the threat of death or disability every waking(and sleeping) moment?

Best Wishes,
Scott

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, move the decimal to the left two places, $21 , that was what they were paying me in 1941 sigh, but don't forget to add the side benifits to that.

In any event, I think that all service personel deserve more.

Don Jose de La Mancha

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
Im sure they could get paid more, but think of the taxes. When I served I thought the pay was fine, with free meals, no rent, it was beer money, as a matter of fact it at times was too much beer money :laughing9:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that there are side amenities such as clothing, food, medical, dental, housing and duty location transportation, but, overall, I think that servicemen and women are really underpaid for all that they do.
However, as a veteran, I can tell you that no amount
of money can buy their Patriotism. :icon_salut:

Best,
Scott

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
While I was state side, I also got room and board with medical and dental and a few perks that we don't talk about as military benifits.
Overseas, I got all the perks that I did not ask for. Guns, ammo, C-Rates and overtime and all the degridation that I could swallow. I was short of everything except enemy.
It's probably all in my point of view. If I could go back in time...I'd more then likely do it again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread