Have U ever accidently listed a prohobited item on Ebay?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
Sonoma County Mike said:
I had some collectable German Army military stuff from World War II. Some of it had that well known symbol of Germany from the years 1934 - 1945. I was not allowed to sell. I'ts quite ironic that you can't sell some of German military collectables but it's ok to sell all of the Soviet and Red China military stuff?
I think it's ridiculous. I mean you can sell all the stamps and coins you want or anything else that isn't "military" related with swastikas on it so what's the difference? And yes whether people know it or not there are far worse example of genocide (by mere numbers alone) than what the Nazis did to the Jewish people in WWII by both the Russian Government (Stalin) before the Jewish Holocaust and the Chinese Government (Mao Ze-Dong) after the holocaust.

Sorry to get off topic. The more liberal this country becomes the less freedoms we have, how ironic.

I'm guessing it's just easier for ebay to ban them all and police that, then to have to make constant judgment calls on what crosses the line. It's all about doing as little as possible and turning the highest profit!

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
I sell books on eBay under a different ID. I once listed three Jorge Cervantes marijuana growing books as a lot. eBay yanked the auction, calling it "drug manufacturing" equipment. They never responded to my emails asking why similar book auctions were allowed to continue.

I did, however, sell a German Army WWII Nazi manual for $450. It was in German, had lots of old photos, and a red cover with a big black swastika which I featured in the auction. They let it go and I had over 30 bids.

Go figure.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Yard darts - a Jarts knock-off. :laughing7:

Jarts.jpg

At the time it aggravated me because it was bid up high in two days before they yanked it.

After all, they allow you to sell throwing knives on ebay...

I really do get it - it makes sense because it was a CPSC recalled toy.

Not wanting any liability myself, I threw them away. :(

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sonoma County Mike said:
I had some collectable German Army military stuff from World War II. Some of it had that well known symbol of Germany from the years 1934 - 1945. I was not allowed to sell. I'ts quite ironic that you can't sell some of German military collectables but it's ok to sell all of the Soviet and Red China military stuff?
That is one thing I never understood either. Is WWII Japanese items allowed on Ebay also?

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss the early days of eBay back in the late 90s when it was like the wild west. I sold a bottle of Marilyn Merlot for $325, then right after that they banned alcohol sales. Don't know if they've made it okay again. Haven't sold there in 10 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread