OIL PROBLEM !

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
WELL I SAID IT BEFORE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN. Most of the economic problems in the free world are caused by the high cost of oil. When oil drooped a bit to the 70's a barrel the economy started to pick up. now the greed factor has moved the price to 88 a barrel and the economy has faltered.
HERE'S THE POINT THAT BURNS ME UP. IT COST THE OIL PRODUCERS ABOUT $5 A BARREL TO PRODUCE OIL. IT IS A CARTEL, A MONOPOLY THAT IS STRANGELING THE WORLD!!

S

Smee

No, although this will probably get this thread moved to politics, that is what the problem is.

If you noticed, oil dropped into the $70/barrel range when the U.S. said they were going to open up new areas to exploration.

It started going back up with the Gulf drilling moratorium gifted to us by the current administration, and is going to go back into the stratosphere after they announced that they will stop drilling off the east coast and Florida.

Thanks again to the folks who promised us free health care and unemployment that would never reach 10%.

ATTENTION MODERATORS:

If you move this thread, please remove my post and EVERY reference to it.

The snit fit (and no, use your dictionary it isn't a bad word http://www.thefreedictionary.com/snit) that moved politics off limits to the general membership is something I find quite distasteful.

Just like you, I have MY opinion of it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee said:
ATTENTION MODERATORS:

The snit fit (and no, use your dictionary it isn't a bad word http://www.thefreedictionary.com/snit) that moved politics off limits to the general membership is something I find quite distasteful.

IMO the problem is too many people get really nasty and start offensive name calling when it comes to many of the political threads and it becomes an eyesore to TN........

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm paying $2.69 gal. here in Austin,Tx. ,herd on the TV tonight that it should go to $3-$3.50 by the first of the year!,thank god that my little XB gets 29 MPG. :thumbsup:

S

Smee

Treasure_Hunter said:
Smee said:
ATTENTION MODERATORS:

IMO the problem is too many people get really nasty and start offensive name calling when it comes to many of the political threads and it becomes an eyesore to TN........

Yep. That's what the IGNORE button was invented for. My account has one, does yours? If so, use it and you won't have to deal with the "unpleasantness" that occurs there.

It's kinda like the city dump. If you don't like the smell or the scenery, don't go there.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Smee said:
ATTENTION MODERATORS:

Yep. That's what the IGNORE button was invented for. My account has one, does yours? If so, use it and you won't have to deal with the "unpleasantness" that occurs there.

It's kinda like the city dump. If you don't like the smell or the scenery, don't go there.

I think your missing my point sir, I was referring to what some new vistors to Treasurenet run into on their first visits. City dumps are isolated on the outskirts of cities, not downtown for a reason.

Like you said "Just like you, I have MY opinion of it"....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Smee said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Smee said:
ATTENTION MODERATORS:

I think your missing my point sir, I was referring to what some new vistors to Treasurenet run into on their first visits. City dumps are isolated on the outskirts of cities, not downtown for a reason.

Like you said "Just like you, I have MY opinion of it"....

Yes you are correct.

Guests see everthing.

Plus there is more then one subject title
here for a Reason :coffee2:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
For those that think it's not oil, the economy started to get real bad when the cartel pushed to $140 a barrel. They were searching for the point of no return and they found it. At $140 a barrel they had sucked all the discretionary income from the world and started on the required income. It would be interesting to see who is making all the money on oil futures investment also. I think this thread is more economic than political. The problem is that politics affects economics to a large degree.

S

Smee

Drill baby, DRILL!

. . . or even better, 1 bushel of corn = 1 barrel of oil. Let them starve to death, they can't eat that oil.

NONE of that bunch is Washington from either side has the guts to do what's right.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
If all the oil CONSUMING countries got together and said we will only pay $60 a barrel for oil, the oil problem would be solved. The other option would be to raise the price of food items sold to the oil producers. As was mentioned above, you can't eat oil, but you can make oil from food stores. We just need some guts in government to do this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread