House cache!

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
You know what I love? Finding stuff that I hid a year ago and supprising myself with the contents in the cache. Usually I don't put in much,but now a days I put in allot. I usually hide the cache in my house,also I hide it were I can't see it till something is cleaned or moved, maybe me or someone else will find it and ill say "Oh,yeah,that's my cache,I wonder what is inside?" Then I'll open it and say "Wow, I put this in here?". It will usually be some cash for spending or some old coins that I forgot about. Just today, I found one of my caches under my bed,it was listed from summer 2010 and stated that I was still doing the same stuff I do today. :tongue3: But there was some goodies,like a civil war bullet"That my uncle gave me" A ring " Found in a trailer" A guitar pick and a 2009 penny. Today I put in my jewelry and 2 bucks and updated my note I put in there stating that I'm now in the band at Sissonville High and I am soon to attend there.

So hide your cache in the house or the yard. It's fun!

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Umm...get out of the house much ?? :dontknow:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, CWH, I find myself doin that same thing more and more. Many times I have been surprised by finally figuring out where I cached my car keys. In my case, it's gettin old, I guess. In your case, you just got too much stuff and need to organize or somethin. (By the way, if you can't find your keys, look in the trash, many times they're in there.)

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
May want to have yourself checked for early Ahlzeimers (sp?), even at your early age. :headbang: :laughing7: I'm 100 years older than you, but don't have your problems. If I find a treasure, I know where it is. On the other hand, however, I do find $ bills in my winter jackets the next year! :tongue3:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a friend who has been doing that for years. But not for memory reasons, for historical reasons, sorta like a small time capsule. In every house he has ever lived in, he will take a few items of the day and put them in a small jar or box, write the time and year on a label, and put it somewhere inaccessible. Behind a wall, up in the rafters. Sometimes he just writes on the wall behind paneling. It would be very interesting to find this stuff when new owners are doing re mods. I used to use plastic 35mm camera film containers, and put wheat pennies, some zincolns, maybe a key or two, and a note in a zip-lock bag of when I buried it in my favorite park, all containers were buried at 6" deep, and away from flood plagued areas. If you are ever in my area and find one of these, just PM me here :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:.............NGE

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
I just do it for fun. It does take me awhile to forget about it so I don't have memory problems. I usually write something about myself and put money in,I usually find it when I'm broke, which is cool. I do find lots of money in my coat pockets and my parents coat pockets,that my friends goes in the savings account to use for the next time I drive up a deck. :laughing7:

RGINN said:
Yeah, CWH, I find myself doin that same thing more and more. Many times I have been surprised by finally figuring out where I cached my car keys. In my case, it's gettin old, I guess. In your case, you just got too much stuff and need to organize or somethin. (By the way, if you can't find your keys, look in the trash, many times they're in there.)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
as you get older over time -- you'll get lots more of those --" oh so thats where I put that" moments

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noodle said:
May want to have yourself checked for early Ahlzeimers (sp?), even at your early age. :headbang: :laughing7: I'm 100 years older than you, but don't have your problems. If I find a treasure, I know where it is. On the other hand, however, I do find $ bills in my winter jackets the next year! :tongue3:

You were probably hoping for a early winter then. :tongue3:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
civil war hunter said:
You know what I love? Finding stuff that I hid a year ago and supprising myself with the contents in the cache. So hide your cache in the house or the yard. It's fun!

Took your advice, hid the toilet paper today! :laughing7:

S

stefen

bigscoop said:
civil war hunter said:
You know what I love? Finding stuff that I hid a year ago and supprising myself with the contents in the cache. So hide your cache in the house or the yard. It's fun!

Took your advice, hid the toilet paper today! :laughing7:

Living right on the edge :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread