Earthquake this morning but not where you might think!!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was lying in bed this morning ready to get up when I felt my house move a little and the bathroom mirror shaking. Having lived in California for 10 years and surviving a 7.6 tembler (big Bear/ Landers quake of 1991) I knew what it was. For what I have read the midwest sits on a gigantic tectonic plate larger than the one on the west coast. Want to buy some beach front property in the Mississippi Valley?? :laughing7: The news just said it was a 4.2

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
crazyjarhead said:
I was lying in bed this morning ready to get up when I felt my house move a little and the bathroom mirror shaking. Having lived in California for 10 years and surviving a 7.6 tembler (big Bear/ Landers quake of 1991) I knew what it was. For what I have read the midwest sits on a gigantic tectonic plate larger than the one on the west coast. Want to buy some beach front property in the Mississippi Valley?? :laughing7: The news just said it was a 4.2
I think Central Oregon had a minor 3.something today too.

S

stefen

Anybody living on the rim of fire (west coast) will feel periodic quakes...

I recall that a massive quake hit the mid-west in the early 1800's and the Mississippi flowed backwards for a day or so...although. The Ohio Valley is reasonably stable geologically.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions