More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
BEEBE, Ark. (AP) -- Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Commission ornithologist Karen Rowe said the birds showed physical trauma, and she speculated that "the flock could have been hit by lightning or high-altitude hail."

The commission said that New Year's Eve revelers shooting off fireworks in the area could have startled the birds from their roost and caused them to die from stress.

Robby King, a wildlife officer for the agency, collected about 65 dead birds, which will be sent for testing to the state Livestock and Poultry Commission lab and the National Wildlife Health Center lab in Madison, Wis.

Rowe said that similar events have occurred elsewhere and that test results "usually were inconclusive." She said she doubted the birds were poisoned.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...NSAS?SITE=OHCOL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It was caused by the DEA burning off those illegal crops. The birds were actually terns. They found that not a tern was left unstoned.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bob, I have to be honest, I "borrowed" that from an old Paul Harvey broadcast.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bad things happen in threes! First water, than air, next ground! Look out in big "A".

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2012 coming early ? :laughing7:

Here you may have the answer

on the fish :The mass kill occurred just one day before thousands of blackbirds dropped dead from the sky in Beebe, Ark., which is 125 miles away.

Stephens said that nature will be doing the cleanup. "We'll have raccoon and birds and things like that will take care of it so there is really no cleanup, it's really too big. It's contained along the river channel."

Birds ate the Fish

Birds Died

odd :
fishing was not banned as a precaution. "Right now it's fine to fish," KTHV quoted Stephens as saying. "If you go out there you can still fish for bass and crappie, catfish, it will be fine.

What next Mass Dropping of Fishermen ?

If a Virus of some type killed the Fish,
the ones it didn't effect could Still be Carriers.

no Sashimi unless cooked well :coffee2:

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
texastee2007 said:
Gulf spill coming home to roost

Tee,

I think it may be much worse than that, but I hate to post my theory because it involves some of those things We here on Earth have orbiting us at all times. I will say this, if we think the nukes are bad, we will not like to see this.

The technology is here.

K

Kentucky Kache

WindHarvester said:
texastee2007 said:
Gulf spill coming home to roost

Tee,

I think it may be much worse than that, but I hate to post my theory because it involves some of those things We here on Earth have orbiting us at all times. I will say this, if we think the nukes are bad, we will not like to see this.

The technology is here.

Speak up please.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
These birds were not poisoned. The otherwise perfectly healthy birds died from blunt physical trauma. Some massive object ran into them in the dark and killed them. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40904491/ns/us_news-environment?GT1=43001

They supposedly were scared by the New Years Day fireworks and ran into each other. I never seen a large flock of birds running into each other so hard to cause internal hemorrhage and death on this large of a scale and we have fireworks in every city in the country without massive bird kills. The injuries were primarily in the breast tissue, with blood clotting and bleeding in the body cavities. Something is fishy.

Attachments

• dead-birds1-vmed-8a_grid-4x2.jpg
    dead-birds1-vmed-8a_grid-4x2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 613
OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
In a sense I think We have giant pointable microwave's in orbit, before you laugh please let me explain.

I have a very dear friend who was in the Airforce in the 60's and 70's, His work was in technology fields such as the internet (before Al Gore invented it of course ::) ).

Well years ago He always told me about these weapons they had designed using microwave blasts and that the guys would often goof off in the warehouse/lab killing pigeons from hundreds of yards.

Now just imagine how far our technology has came since the 60's and 70's?? :dontknow:

I have always asked myself WHEN it would be possible.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One of the theories is struck by lightning. Wouldnt you think a few feathers would be burned? :blob8: Do the microwaves cause burning?

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
bigcypresshunter said:
One of the theories is struck by lightning. Wouldnt you think a few feathers would be burned? :blob8: Do the microwaves cause burning?

No actually, it was a concentrated charge that just made them fall off the I-beams/slash rafters straight to the floor.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:

microwaves heat from the inside.

A Short burst in Theory could cook the heart
in a second or 2 just enough to
kill.

& even if tests Prove it.
If it is our own WMD being tested,
I'm sure they would be Ordered
Not to prove anything.
& Blame it on Natural Causes

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
jeff of pa said:
bigcypresshunter said:

microwaves heat from the inside.

A Short burst in Theory could cook the heart
in a second or 2 just enough to
kill.

& even if tests Prove it.
If it is our own WMD being tested,
I'm sure they would be Ordered
Not to prove anything.
& Blame it on Natural Causes

I agree Jeff, and no we will never know about it, and that's why I was a little leary of posting this theory. My friend said that they would just drop off to the floor with no exterior signs of damage, I've known him since I was a kid and he is a very serious fellow.

Oh well, often fiction creates fact so we may be living in the movie "Star Wars" sooner than we think.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
In my younger , less considerate , days I have caused these migratory flights to rise . Even fired multiple shotgun blasts through them . Very few casualties resulted .
I would think that an energy blast ; lightning or manmade , would cook all organs simultaneously . Not just look like blunt trauma to the breast area .
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread