Im running out of Geocaches!

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
I'm running out of Geocaches!

Hello! I've been Geocaching for a year now! I use my used Diabetic strip bottles for geocaches. But I'm running low on the caches! I have about 30 but they will be gone very soon! A nice person sent me a box of caches for free! I am very pleased and wish to get more if anyone saves them! Send me a PM if your willing to send them for free since I don't do cash. I would be very thankful!

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
Re: I'm running out of Geocaches!

Lol,no they aren't for the house. I hide them in Charleston,West Milford,Rock cave,Pritt Mnt,and French Creek. All in West Virginia. My next big cache will be a under water cache!

texastee2007 said:
civil war hunter said:
Hello! I've been Geocaching for a year now! I use my used Diabetic strip bottles for geocaches. But I'm running low on the caches! I have about 30 but they will be gone very soon! A nice person sent me a box of caches for free! I am very pleased and wish to get more if anyone saves them! Send me a PM if your willing to send them for free since I don't do cash. I would be very thankful!

these aren't the ones you are hiding around in your home are they....LOL just kidding....Happy New Year. I just found one the other day while trimming trees in the cemetery...no one was leaving anything except the note pad! I put something in it to start everyone off with again and a note to keep putting something it. It is the second one we found with out even looking for one.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used

I know right? But it would be in a river so it may not get frozen.. But I have to think of a way to make it so that debris wont move it around.
I was thinking of making it a two way sinker.The sinker either a rock or a brick will be placed to the bottom,one string would go to shore and the other would be attached to the cache so if the bobber or bottle is taken I can get the cache. I'll think of something!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

what sort of things do you put in your caches? You can google geocaching and get a lot of sites with information and groups in your area.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used

Well I put mainly log sheets and info sheets for muggles if they ever find it. I am almost a pro Geocacher I have hide over 30 caches and have found nearly 50 or so with my father. I actually sometimes find caches without the GSP with just knowing from Google Earth. I may have to explain better...I take the coordinates from the website for new caches and I put the coords into Google Earth and look at the location better and try to remember where that cache was.

I also do benchmark hunting,not too good with finding those!

packerbacker said:
what sort of things do you put in your caches? You can google geocaching and get a lot of sites with information and groups in your area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread