Whale Wars!

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
What do you think of whale hunting?
I believe that we should only kill one whale a year and only the common ones and only for research!. I've been watching the show "Whale Wars" and to be honest I don't think they are really getting anywhere with these so called "Researchers". The Steve Erwin crew barely has any weapons of really any sort, why don't they put that butyric acid on the helicopter and lunch them from there in stead of throwing the bottles? Why don't they use paint ball guns instead of throwing bottles of paint? And why don't they use fireworks? Its allot easier!

I also think its sad that we don't really care about the creatures of the sea...

F

Felinepeachy

I think whale killing is horrible just like killing seals is. It's a disgusting barbaric practice rooted in traditions and has no purpose in research.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, at first glance I thought this was going to be a new reality TV series about overweight people on beaches :tongue3: Maybe I should place a call to Tru-TV, or A&E and pitch my idea :laughing7:

It is sad how we treat these poor mammals to say the least. One day maybe we'll wake up and do the right thing before it is too late. :icon_thumleft:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
there really is no valid reason doing it at the levels they are doing it at -- they are just food processing them using the "research" angle to be able to harvest them --to kill whales for "research" at the levels that they are is just crazy (at the level they are killing them --there will be nothing left to "research" soon --they will be "researched" into extinction )---they are just "food processing" them - get real folks

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest problem is that there are no real, enforceable laws in place. Face it, as long as the only thing in the whale hunters way is a bunch of people making noise and running their boats at them. The people making noise are going to lose! Get real laws in place and then confiscate a few whaling ships. You'd be surprised how fast things stop when it stops being profitable.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a bunch of well meaning and a few very dedicated people trying to do the right thing and looking for guidance where none exists. They do succeed in embarrassing the US government by pointing out their lack of action but I don't see anything changing until sanctions are taken on the Japanese. Bear in mind these same Japanese just paid $750,000. for 1 bluefin tuna last month. (It came out to about $545 a pound if I recall.) They are bringing to light the current situation so I suppose all is not in vain. Write a letter to the International Whaling Commission and maybe when they are deluged with mail they will act.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 101% against the Japanese whaling. But, If I was skippering a comercial boat & a bunch of people wearing masks etc flying what looks like a pirate flag cutting across my bow would get blown out of the water. Sure I'd radio the Coast Guard. Tell em I think I just found the other end of the Bermuda triangle! The big black pirate ship was there, and it just vanished right before my eyes. ::) Check the videos of the Ady Gay sinking. He crossed the bow of the Jap boat plain & simple! Put everyones life in danger. Pretty bad when Green Peace wants to distance themselves from them.

Question: In all the years what have they accomplished? 0.0%

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions