OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ramjet2187 said:
I second the nomination for the Smokies. I live in central Tennessee, above Nashville, and have been to/through that area several times. Avoid the chintzy touristy crap, and enjoy some hiking and time together. How far out are you? I have some map/booklets you might be interested in. PM me your address and I'll send them.

Roger

I know what you mean, my grandparents used to have (before moving back to Florida again) a couple thousand acres of land in the Smokey Mountains... and I remember visiting up there as a kid and how beautiful it is! I doubt we'll be doing much touristy stuff, unless she cares to. We will DEFINITELY be making use of the two brand new Osprey hiking packs I bought for us to use someday after we first started dating! The wedding & honeymoon isn't until May, so we've got plenty of time to formulate a plan. I'd appreciate those maps & booklets if you don't need 'em. I'll PM you my address. Thanks!

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent the links to her Tee... thank you!

Bran <><

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
godisnum1 said:
texastee2007 said:
on the positive side...Alaska would be cold and a good reason to stay indoors. :love10:

Heheh, good point!!!! :wink:

packerbacker said:
no Bran.....get a headache and go fishing!

You mean, dirt fishing???

Bran <><
Dear Godisnum1;
No my friend, there is a LOT to do in Alaska, and I mean a LOT! First, there's the crazy out of this world fishing! Steelhead, Dolly Vardens, rainbows, saddle blanket sized halibut, black sea bass as fast as you can haul them in, not to mention the SALMON runs!

And then, there's the hunting! Moose and caribou to fill the freezers and bear for those times when you are feeling a bit macho.

And then there's trapping in the winter of all kinds. Wolves, rabbits, snowshoe hares, wolverines, otters, etc. Oh, and before I forget, there's the PROSPECTING! And when I say *prospecting* I mean, REAL gold and lots of it! Like 10 to 20 times more gold taken with a gold pan in Alaska then with a 5 HP dredge in California!

It would be the PERFECT honeymoon for you, in my very humble opinion. Just be sure and call your lovely spouse occasionally to let her know that you are OK. After all, she loves you.
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lamar said:
Dear Godisnum1;
No my friend, there is a LOT to do in Alaska, and I mean a LOT! First, there's the crazy out of this world fishing! Steelhead, Dolly Vardens, rainbows, saddle blanket sized halibut, black sea bass as fast as you can haul them in, not to mention the SALMON runs!

And then, there's the hunting! Moose and caribou to fill the freezers and bear for those times when you are feeling a bit macho.

And then there's trapping in the winter of all kinds. Wolves, rabbits, snowshoe hares, wolverines, otters, etc. Oh, and before I forget, there's the PROSPECTING! And when I say *prospecting* I mean, REAL gold and lots of it! Like 10 to 20 times more gold taken with a gold pan in Alaska then with a 5 HP dredge in California!

It would be the PERFECT honeymoon for you, in my very humble opinion. Just be sure and call your lovely spouse occasionally to let her know that you are OK. After all, she loves you.
Your friend;
LAMAR

I'll pass... spending time with my wife will be more enjoyable. ::)

Bran <><

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
We already have our summer vacation planned, we're going to Mexico City for two weeks to protest illegal immigrants coming to the United States, we even have youth size border patrol fatigues for the kids and matching adult size for my wife and I.

Well, it' sounds just about as safe as the Holy Land. ::)

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
godisnum1 said:
lamar said:
Dear Godisnum1;

Your friend;
LAMAR

I'll pass... spending time with my wife will be more enjoyable. ::)

Bran <><

Look on the bright side Bran...he could have suggested Las Vegas....

True! Or the IRS building... either way, they'd both try to steal my money. lol

Bran <><

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Thanks for reminding me Tee, I guess we're off on another trip to the Army-Navy store before the big kidnapping, I mean vacation.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
godisnum1 said:
Thank you all for your advice & wisdom. The more we studied and looked into the Bahamas, the more we realized that we were still looking at a few grand for a little under a week. On top of that, I have a passport but my fiance does not... so that would take time & money to secure as well.

As an alternative, I took my brother's advice and we started looking into cabin retreats in Tennessee instead. We found MANY great cabins in the Smokey Mountains that would all be under $600 for a week and on our way to our home in Florida. So, that may well be our final decision.

Thanks again for all the advice :)you still may need an R'neck passport...... :laughing7:NGE

Bran <><

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
Thank you all for your advice & wisdom. The more we studied and looked into the Bahamas, the more we realized that we were still looking at a few grand for a little under a week. On top of that, I have a passport but my fiance does not... so that would take time & money to secure as well.

As an alternative, I took my brother's advice and we started looking into cabin retreats in Tennessee instead. We found MANY great cabins in the Smokey Mountains that would all be under $600 for a week and on our way to our home in Florida. So, that may well be our final decision.

Thanks again for all the advice :)

Bran <><

Smoky Mountains ... Good Choice.

And Congrat's on your wedding & the purchase of a home in Florida.

You truly are blessed ...

~ Al

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Al Czervik said:
Smoky Mountains ... Good Choice.

And Congrat's on your wedding & the purchase of a home in Florida.

You truly are blessed ...

~ Al

I knew you were still around here. Thank you... and I agree, we have been.

Hope you're doing well...

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread