** WHAT IS A TREASURE HUNTER?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's my opinion, post yours!
A TH is someone that derives pleasure from finding things that are valuable to him, or her.
Most TH's start with park or beach hunting. Some are satisfied doing this and continue to derive pleasure from it. Others crave more and move onto cache or relic indeavers. Some enjoy the puzzle of research. There are all sorts of combinations. Some choose land targets others choose water targets. Some hunt only in a small radius while others hunt nation wide and perhaps worldwide. We are all in it for the feeling of accomplishment that adds joy to our lives.

Now how do you classify yourself?
Here's me.....I started with the parks and added beaches. I then dove into research which led to cache and some relic hunting. I have also done some panning and nugget hunting. Yes I have looked for Peg Leg Smith's black nuggets, the Dents Run gold bars, Gold at the Vulture Mine, and many others. Have I been successful? One thing you learn fast is a TH never tells. I am presently tracking down Outlaw loot like Butch Cassidy's and Curly Bills and Gangster loot plus a lot of lesser known caches.
Do I expect to find things when I hunt? I look at it as an adventure that might pay off, but the adventure is the important thing. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread