Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thrillathahunt said:
Just in case anybody new on here who doesn't know me is wondering, I am a straight, middle-aged, conservative, fun-loving, positive thinking, non-denominational Christian, Republican, red-blooded American family man who still thinks he is 18. :D

:icon_thumright: :laughing7:

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
just the pirate in me, i just can not seem to get rid of my motivation to find the biggest treasure ever... legally lmao I am always on the patrol for some booty..... :headbang: HH Joe Hoo?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you see is what you get.
I am what I am and that's all that I am.

Love for God and Country, the outdoors, and long walks in the moonlight ;D

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Dave44 said:
Well Dano has a sweet avatar but I get a kick out of the flapping plane, is it a concorde Hammered? Sorry haven't thought of mine yet, hope I didn't step into a club thing.
Hello Dave 44, I've been looking at your avatar. It looks like a temporary, 2X4 railing on a 2nd or 3rd floor opening
and looks down to a finished stairs below with the railing and spindles all assembled, It is an interesting angle for
a picture. It looks like you are a carpenter, too.
Ray

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am Ray, this was a staircase for a friend. We split a large red cedar and used them for stringers. The treads are white pine half log. The posts are red cedar, we tore down a tobacco barn and used the old drying logs for the rails and the pickets are hickory limbs from a tree another fellow cut down.
But it is really hard to see in the avatar. Here is the pic, and another during assembly.

Attachments

• Copy (2) of IMGP0977.JPG
    Copy (2) of IMGP0977.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 192
  • Copy of IMGP0959.JPG
    Copy of IMGP0959.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 211

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, I meant to say ,,,,, Joe said "booty". snicker

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Wow, Dave that is really good. Thanks for enlarging the pic. I couldn't quite make out exactly what
it all was but I see it now. That is good work. That job is going to be beautiful as soon as it has
all the finish on it, especially those stringers. I like the color tone of Red Cedar. I would like to be
able to see that place personally when it is all ready for the owners to move in. Looks to me like
a job being well done. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Ray

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dave44, Beautiful work there Chug!!! It would be great to walk up or down that anyday Chug and Red!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
While reading this I realized I had none so I corrected it. This is my namesake "Gizmo" when he was a puppy. He is gone now but was my best friend for fifteen years. A little fellow with a big heart, I miss him still. I signed up for a forum and in the process they asked for a user name...I thought they wanted a secret undercover name, I looked around and there was Gizmo at my feet helping me compute as always. I borrowed his name, when I signed up here Gizmo was already taken so I put the Tn in front and wa la "Tn Gizmo" was created. On hindsight I wish I had just used Richard.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the comments, I have a number of things that I have incorporated Cedar into.
The owner of that house has just gotten a metal detector and I need to go and play with him and learn it. Anyway I am trying to get him to join T-net. I know he has seen it, Just gotta hook him in, then we can see this house finished. We built that house with him over about 4 years so most of my pics do not show the finishes (he did the staining and sealing).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread