Prepare for Armageddon

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
I had a dream last night. My family and I were barricaded in one of the upstairs rooms in my house sticking rifles out the window shooting zombies that were trying to get to us and eat us. Afterwards, I got to thinking if I should be preparing for Armageddon. Not necessarily for zombies but for some sort of disaster that causes mass hysteria. I am thinking of stockpiling ammo, food, water, etc. I am curious if any of you here in Tnet land have done this.

I remember when 9/11 happened. In my little town of about 300 people, everybody from town and from the nearest bigger town poured into the local gas station. There was a line of cars about 3 city blocks long. They took all the gas that the store had. Apparently it doesn't take much for society has a whole to fall into some sort of mass hysteria. What about the 2012 baloney? Are any of you preparing for that? I realize this post might seem kinda silly and paranoid.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SteveDodds said:
What about the 2012 baloney? Are any of you preparing for that? I realize this post might seem kinda silly and paranoid.

Yep, I plan on being a year closer to retirement......I learned a long time ago to live life and not fear the future, life is a lot more fun that way............ I am not worried about 2012, astroids, tidal waves or earthquakes, after the hurricanes of 2004 life is too short to worry.....

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
well ,9 11 is still fresh ,sounds like the new tv program..zombies you say..well say something you want to live for and not dribble..ZOMBIES ha ha ha ha ha

Lady Liberty

Feb 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always a good idea to be as prepared as you can. Period!

Zombies eh? What did you eat for dinner? :laughing7:

Call me a Plumber

Dec 17, 2007
Yep I think your right, so did Nostradomis and the Mayans. Read the book of Daniel and of course My man's John's book as well as Revelations. We may not know the time or the hour but we are charged with knowing the signs and being ready. I hope that I as well as my family will be told to "Come Hither", so that we may be spared the horrors yet to come. Peace be with you and yours. The Plumber.

KLGourley

Apr 14, 2010
Lehigh Acres, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does sometimes feel that the world society is heading for some kind of mass collapse. Should something happen in 2012, it is either by pure chance...or the UN will use it as an excuse to initiate the NWO that's been talked about for so long now. Predicted end of days have come and gone many, many times over the past 20 centuries. However, due to some of the more plausible scientific theories that have been established around what 'potentially' could happen in 2010, I take this possible 'doomsday' prophecy a little more seriously. If something earth-shattering does happen, there is probably nothing we can do about it. But, it doesn't hurt to be well-armed, and well-stocked SHOULD something indeed happen and we manage to survive. I guess this falls under the "expect the worst and hope for the best" senario.

The Mayan calendar ending next year is probalby just that: the end of a cycle that will start over just like our yearly calendar starts over when it ends every year. But...what if it isn't???
:read2:

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
that is the mayan theory when one calendar cycle ends a new one begins i say the only reason they didnt make a new one is that they were to war based of a society and killed each other off no one to make a new makes sence the end of time tthhhhhpppppppppp we will wake up and still be going to work to pay more taxes

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
SteveDodds said:
I had a dream last night. My family and I were barricaded in one of the upstairs rooms in my house sticking rifles out the window shooting zombies that were trying to get to us and eat us. Afterwards, I got to thinking if I should be preparing for Armageddon. Not necessarily for zombies but for some sort of disaster that causes mass hysteria. I am thinking of stockpiling ammo, food, water, etc. I am curious if any of you here in Tnet land have done this.

I remember when 9/11 happened. In my little town of about 300 people, everybody from town and from the nearest bigger town poured into the local gas station. There was a line of cars about 3 city blocks long. They took all the gas that the store had. Apparently it doesn't take much for society has a whole to fall into some sort of mass hysteria. What about the 2012 baloney? Are any of you preparing for that? I realize this post might seem kinda silly and paranoid.

Paranoia? Noooooooooo...it's the "American way"! After all...who knows if Orson Welles successor will do another live reading of "war of the worlds" and the country ends up in uproar again? :o
You'll feel much better holed up in the woods or mountains with your family, armoury and strings of Claymore mines. Those lil' green men and zombies will find out that a traditional American welcome can be quite an eye opener!

Go for it! :icon_thumright:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm almost Prepaired

I Have Plenty of Gingerale & Coffee
Just gotta get my Detector Back
from Minelab & Some snacks &
I'll be ready to take on the world :headbang:

In all Seriousness
just think of all the Cool sites to detect
& Treasurehunt after :hello2:

First things first ....
Confiscate a Wallmart & Gas station :sign13:
(food,Batteries, auto parts & gasoline)

1231371697m46X76c.jpg Pripyat,_Ukraine,_abandoned_city.jpg 1450.jpg pripyat.jpg

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
In all Seriousness
just think of all the Cool sites to detect
& Treasurehunt after :hello2:

But who'll be left to respond when you post the finds here?

Then, we are pretty vulnerable to a zombie attack, all alone, concentrating and wearing headphones. Ripe pickings I say.

I think Dano has the right idea. :hello2:

:laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
but Jeff what will you spend it on?

Dosn't matter The Banner will look like this

AEG3FKMCAJN5XNECAJMQI4NCANZPI0SCAI364UBCA5ACH9OCAC4QAOHCA40C7ZHCATQ89VPCAGHXKI7CAPEYWTWCAO417L...jpg AG903U0CAW7A2HOCAZN4UNDCA5J95OXCASTK71HCA582WGVCALA0QKKCA83C6BSCADOKSVLCAM097WHCAHCWYYDCAEFANK...jpg images.jpg AVVRJ0UCA2I6A2FCACUCFYRCAY9RIA3CAXL4S40CAW258CWCA7U1IT3CAMXKRJ4CABCYWXTCAXQ5A9QCA9U95DACA8J4QY...jpg A07XDG9CATHF8MJCAXTRZ5MCA9K9HWXCA2L0HV7CA3K2237CAXSE85HCASAGQOJCAX9MLY1CASRASC8CA7MLUFUCA7SR31...jpg AUN5MWHCAM4ZOIQCAIUVMGMCANC7U3ECA04M95ACAW3YYODCAPJA5F9CAL5LYOZCA3TZBTOCA5DJ574CA6R0X86CAM9JZ0...jpg A3F5L23CAEC229SCAWQXSWLCAUD78WLCAKZYKFLCAA5B5TFCAOFZ95KCAUW8JGQCAMG1LZHCAO4POP4CA5FV648CAZ5ZGI...jpg A3UP0WCCA32AULFCARECL02CAGEO33LCAMOW98JCAJGXKQSCADMH4D2CA6XJIXGCAD632XPCA286M0BCA6M9GR9CASUYJ8...jpg
& it will be

MINE !

ALL MINE !

I TELL YA !!!!!

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....What about the 2012 baloney? Are any of you preparing for that? I realize this post might seem kinda silly and paranoid.

Too much to worry about. No way you are getting out of town no matter how much gas you have. Highways are always clogged in every disaster.

Folks who rely on meds to survive will last as long as their pills hold out. For me, that's 30 days since I can't get more than that at one time. Insurance.

All the rest ... food, survival gear etc. Don't have and couldn't afford it anyway.

I'd rather die in my own back yard than starve somewhere else. But that's just me. :)
BB

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
My husband and I always joke it's gonna be about that time for "Morgan, let us in...!!!" You know, like 'Last Man On Earth' with Vincent Price? People are already starting to look like zombies down at the grocery stores.

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
SteveDodds said:

you should always try to prepare for disasters "I am thinking of stockpiling ammo, food, water, etc." is a start. I live in hurricane country and have enough food and water for a month, be sure to have extra medicine and toilet paper.

Top 100 Items to Disappear First During a National Emergency

1. Generators (Good ones cost dearly. Gas storage, risky. Noisy...target of thieves; maintenance etc.)
2. Water Filters/Purifiers
3. Portable Toilets
4. Seasoned Firewood. Wood takes about 6 - 12 months to become dried, for home uses.
5. Lamp Oil, Wicks, Lamps (First Choice: Buy CLEAR oil. If scarce, stockpile ANY!)
6. Coleman Fuel. Impossible to stockpile too much.
7. Guns, Ammunition, Pepper Spray, Knives, Clubs, Bats & Slingshots.
8. Hand-can openers, & hand egg beaters, whisks.
9. Honey/Syrups/white, brown sugar
10. Rice - Beans - Wheat
11. Vegetable Oil (for cooking) Without it food burns/must be boiled etc.,)
12. Charcoal, Lighter Fluid (Will become scarce suddenly)
13. Water Containers (Urgent Item to obtain.) Any size. Small: HARD CLEAR PLASTIC ONLY - note - food grade if for drinking.
16. Propane Cylinders (Urgent: Definite shortages will occur.)
17. Survival Guide Book.
18. Mantles: Aladdin, Coleman, etc. (Without this item, longer-term lighting is difficult.)
19. Baby Supplies: Diapers/formula. ointments/aspirin, etc.
20. Washboards, Mop Bucket w/wringer (for Laundry)
21. Cookstoves (Propane, Coleman & Kerosene)
22. Vitamins
23. Propane Cylinder Handle-Holder (Urgent: Small canister use is dangerous without this item)
24. Feminine Hygiene/Haircare/Skin products.
25. Thermal underwear (Tops & Bottoms)
26. Bow saws, axes and hatchets, Wedges (also, honing oil)
27. Aluminum Foil Reg. & Heavy Duty (Great Cooking and Barter Item)
28. Gasoline Containers (Plastic & Metal)
29. Garbage Bags (Impossible To Have Too Many).
30. Toilet Paper, Kleenex, Paper Towels
31. Milk - Powdered & Condensed (Shake Liquid every 3 to 4 months)
32. Garden Seeds (Non-Hybrid) (A MUST)
33. Clothes pins/line/hangers (A MUST)
34. Coleman's Pump Repair Kit
35. Tuna Fish (in oil)
36. Fire Extinguishers (or..large box of Baking Soda in every room)
37. First aid kits
38. Batteries (all sizes...buy furthest-out for Expiration Dates)
39. Garlic, spices & vinegar, baking supplies
40. Big Dogs (and plenty of dog food)
41. Flour, yeast & salt
42. Matches. {"Strike Anywhere" preferred.) Boxed, wooden matches will go first
43. Writing paper/pads/pencils, solar calculators
44. Insulated ice chests (good for keeping items from freezing in Wintertime.)
45. Workboots, belts, Levis & durable shirts
46. Flashlights/LIGHTSTICKS & torches, "No. 76 Dietz" Lanterns
47. Journals, Diaries & Scrapbooks (jot down ideas, feelings, experience; Historic Times)
48. Garbage cans Plastic (great for storage, water, transporting - if with wheels)
49. Men's Hygiene: Shampoo, Toothbrush/paste, Mouthwash/floss, nail clippers, etc
50. Cast iron cookware (sturdy, efficient)
51. Fishing supplies/tools
52. Mosquito coils/repellent, sprays/creams
53. Duct Tape
54. Tarps/stakes/twine/nails/rope/spikes
55. Candles
56. Laundry Detergent (liquid)
57. Backpacks, Duffel Bags
58. Garden tools & supplies
59. Scissors, fabrics & sewing supplies
60. Canned Fruits, Veggies, Soups, stews, etc.
61. Bleach (plain, NOT scented: 4 to 6% sodium hypochlorite)
62. Canning supplies, (Jars/lids/wax)
63. Knives & Sharpening tools: files, stones, steel
64. Bicycles...Tires/tubes/pumps/chains, etc
65. Sleeping Bags & blankets/pillows/mats
66. Carbon Monoxide Alarm (battery powered)
67. Board Games, Cards, Dice
68. d-con Rat poison, MOUSE PRUFE II, Roach Killer
69. Mousetraps, Ant traps & cockroach magnets
70. Paper plates/cups/utensils (stock up, folks)
71. Baby wipes, oils, waterless & Antibacterial soap (saves a lot of water)
72. Rain gear, rubberized boots, etc.
73. Shaving supplies (razors & creams, talc, after shave)
74. Hand pumps & siphons (for water and for fuels)
75. Soysauce, vinegar, bullions/gravy/soupbase
76. Reading glasses
77. Chocolate/Cocoa/Tang/Punch (water enhancers)
78. "Survival-in-a-Can"
79. Woolen clothing, scarves/ear-muffs/mittens
80. Boy Scout Handbook, / also Leaders Catalog
81. Roll-on Window Insulation Kit (MANCO)
82. Graham crackers, saltines, pretzels, Trail mix/Jerky
83. Popcorn, Peanut Butter, Nuts
84. Socks, Underwear, T-shirts, etc. (extras)
85. Lumber (all types)
86. Wagons & carts (for transport to and from)
87. Cots & Inflatable mattress's
88. Gloves: Work/warming/gardening, etc.
89. Lantern Hangers
90. Screen Patches, glue, nails, screws,, nuts & bolts
91. Teas
92. Coffee
93. Cigarettes
94. Wine/Liquors (for bribes, medicinal, etc,)
95. Paraffin wax
96. Glue, nails, nuts, bolts, screws, etc.
97. Chewing gum/candies
98. Atomizers (for cooling/bathing)
99. Hats & cotton neckerchiefs
100. Livestock

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
I remember when 9/11 happened. In my little town of about 300 people, everybody from town and from the nearest bigger town poured into the local gas station. There was a line of cars about 3 city blocks long.

This is when the gas people figured out that we would pay 5 bucks a gallon if we were forced to.

As for Armageddon... I just plan on eating the neighbors.

Just kidding :D

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
It's wise to put back some food,water and other supplies in case of a disaster. Heck,even in my small town, when a snowflake falls, the grocery stores are swamped with people trying to get food. Just imagine an entirely different scenario where a real disaster hit. Grocery stores would be bare in a few hours, with an unknown restocking date. Thousands of people die every year from floods,hurricanes,tornados,sunamis, and volcanoes. Sometimes even being prepared won't save you, but it might in some cases.I would rather have it, and not need it, then to need it, and not have it. Good Luck. rockhound

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beer :occasion14: spirits :occasion16: :coffee2: & Smokes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread