mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers is my name. M for Matthew L for Leon and the last ayers in my last name. I have to keep it simple......Matt

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll bet y'all been waiting for me to chime in with mine...........Well, it's not what ya think! I found T-Net when I was having the worst year of my life with my knees, I was in constant pain, couldn't bend them, so I stood on a dock and fished most of the time, but, this is not a fishing forum, so I chose: Notgittinenny, not getting anything (treasure related) Hey, after 33 years of marriage, I am still trying to make a baby :laughing9:. And she's having a ball or two :laughing7:. Then one day someone P.M.'d me and said that they didn't like the connotations of what my name meant, so the following year when my knees were a lot better, I changed it to Nowgittineverything, just so I could keep "NGE" sign off. I just changed it back because I felt like it, and nobody has complained..........NGE

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i stay up very late and work great with 5 hrs sleep i used to do black powder shoots and most had camp names. i was called patches due to my pants were made from brown suede bottoms of backpacks i got from a leather company in my town if they werent right they got pitched i got 5 milk crates full .a few years later i was at a shoot one of the guys brought oatmeal rasin cookies the next day i asked if his wife ahd anymore left .they said nope i said it was probablly coon boy his youngest son . they said nope a ole possum got them . found out that i had a sleep walking incident that night havent since then .they said i was dressed in my fancy skins and walking around camp like i was pulling picket duty. tharea i was in was a known area for some trapping and indians.who knows.

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mines an easy one...

Alaska - Where I live (for past 9 yrs)
Ang - from my name "Angela"

So what do I change it to when I move back to my home state of IL this fall?
I'll have to get creative...

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my past profession,and a letter a 5th grade boy wrote to my boss,concerning an animal I "removed".The handle followed me ever since!

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
My fore father back down the line during the Civil War was James Madison McNatt. The Yankees burned out his fathers farm near Sardis Tennessee in 1862. James Madison McNatt and his two brothers joined the Calvary under Forrest two months later at Jackson Tennessee. They were members of the 21st Tennessee Calvary.

Kenosha Kid

Dec 13, 2010
Wisconsin
AlaskaAng said:
Mines an easy one...

Alaska - Where I live (for past 9 yrs)
Ang - from my name "Angela"

So what do I change it to when I move back to my home state of IL this fall?
I'll have to get creative...

AngIL ? Close enough to Angel/Angela ::)

Anyway, the village I live in used to have a Kenosha, Wisconsin postal address, until it was changed over when we got our new Pleasant Prairie Post Office. "PP Kid" just didn't sound right. :tongue3:

I took the name from a few sources, besides the above reason. First, it was mentioned in a 1931 western magazine, "Western Rangers", which featured a story called The Kenosha Kid. It was also in Thomas Pynchon's novel, Gravity's Rainbow, that had something to do with a dance called "Kenosha".

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Mine is Boom De Yada
Its really the name of my wonderful Show Horse
When he was born it was about the same time as the Dicovery Ch song Boom De Yada
Which I am sure you all remember. So as the story goes, the song stuck in my head and when he was born thats what I named him. :thumbsup:

Boom De Yada

I love the mountains
I love the clear blue skies
I love big bridges
I love when great whites fly
I love the whole world
And all its sights and sounds

Boom-De-Yada
Boom-De-Yada
Boom-De-Yada
Boom-De-Yada

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
i bought a small throw rug with a pic of a motorhome (i have a m/h)
and the saying was one cute chick and one old goat live here.
i thought olegoat looked better, even though i know i dont
look better-lol

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bu·shi·do (bʊsh'ĭ-dō', bū'shĭ-) pronunciation
n.
The traditional code of the Japanese samurai, stressing honor, self-discipline, bravery, and simple living.

[Japanese bushidō : bushi, warrior (from Middle Chinese wushi, knight, warrior : wə, wu, military + shi, brave warrior) + dō, way; see aikido.]

dude (dd, dyd)
n.
1. Informal An Easterner or city person who vacations on a ranch in the West.
2. Informal A man who is very fancy or sharp in dress and demeanor.
3. Slang
a. A man; a fellow.
b. dudes Persons of either sex.

..........enjoy and happy hunting :)

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fossil Hunter was taken, So I chose Fossis.

Fossis..........

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
"Dan" was my first online ID some years ago, then became "Dano" when all the "Dan"s were taken elsewhere!
"Sverige" is Swedish for..umm..."Sweden" where i live. :) (As Michael Caine says..."not a lot of people know that"! )

Pronunced fast -"svay-ri-yaa".

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Pie Grande means big foot. I have size 13's, which in Mexico is gigantic. I have introduced myself to people I knew via Internet by simply holding my foot up, and they laugh, and say, "Pie grande!!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread