Anyone on here in the salvage business??

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
I'm just curious if any of y'all are in or know of someone that is in the reclaimed/salvage business regarding old homes.

I am in the process of buying a couple lots that has an old house on it. The house was built around 1910 and was lived in until recently. I am going to tear this house down and want to part it out. The contents of the house are also included so I'm not exactly sure what all is there. The same person has lived in this house for roughly 60 years. The family wants no part of the place as he was somewhat of a pack rat and hoarder. I walked through it and there are only trails through there. I'm not sure what is even in there. Anyways I plan on selling pretty much any and everything to recoup my investment.

All hardware, fixtures, wood floors, doors, etc will be sold. There are two windmills on the place as well. Some of the smaller stuff I don't mind shipping but the bigger stuff will need to be picked up. I am open to just about anything. If you have a particular interest in anything related to this please pm me or email me at [email protected] so I can put you on my list.

I should be closing on this property in a week or so and really won't have any info regarding contents until then.

Thanks,
Josh

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Josh can you get some photos of the stuff in the house ? Well anything that would be worth buying , I know some people who might buy some items if it is the right things that they buy.
Anyway if you get some photos I will get them to the people and see what they say or want.

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
Daedalus said:
Josh can you get some photos of the stuff in the house ? Well anything that would be worth buying , I know some people who might buy some items if it is the right things that they buy.
Anyway if you get some photos I will get them to the people and see what they say or want.

Will do. I should be closing on the property in a week or so and can have some photos then. Honestly I have no clue what is even in the house. It looks like one of those hoarding shows. There is no telling what is in there. But I plan on going through it piece by piece and sorting out the trash for the things that might have some value.

Once the house is cleaned out I wll start dismantling the house board by board. I know many people are into the reclaimed lumber business and this house has plenty.

Thanks for your reply.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you go through it make sure you check everything. My brother-in-law mom passed away and when we went thur that house we found money stucked in books magazines and even money rolled up and stuck inside lipstick tubes. We sorted out everything that could be sold.....Matt

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
Its definately gonna be tedious work. But we are in no hurry. The main goal is to get the outside cleaned up and slowly wade through the inside contents. Everything will be checked.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Darn to far away, Its fun to sort thru them. Ive done a few evictions and minor horders. Its amazine what comes up!!! most of the good ones were done in calif before I found the internet and search engines to check items out. Cant wait to see what comes out of the house!!!

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Acedigger. Up here the city is taking out one of concrete rivers which was once natural and they are going to spend 85 mil to bring it back to natural????? Anyway they are ripping down 88 homes to do this. They just hired a salvage firm at 65,000$ each to recycle all of the materials shingles are being sold to a asfault co. all wood to be recycled etc etc. typical city . You can also sell it to the fire dept. or donate it to them for training and write off the whole price you paid for it, minus the land value

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
It would be a good house to burn for the dept but I don't think it is safe enough to do this. I'm a captain here on our dept and we are very picky with which houses we burn for training. It would go up too quick to put out. It also has alot of good wood in there. There is no sheet rock what so ever inside. Just 1 X 12 boards and some cheesecloth wall paper in places. The windows are the old style wood frame with window weights. Everything is original to the house. It literally does not have a speck of paint on the outside.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Ace digger , take the easy way out. Auctioneers buy entire contents like that. They will go thru everything ,make a list and make you an offer. Get offers from 2 or more auction houses. Put a clause in the agreement that 50% of any money found belongs to you. Some will accept this some won't.
Another option would be for them to auction it off on site. If you go this route make sure it is advertised properly!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread