deer protects fawn

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Whoa, can't help but feel for the deer, but I've seen what a dog will do to a fawn. :dontknow: People and wild animals just find it hard to live together. any idea how it ended? did they get away to the wilderness?

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is one bad momma......Matt

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the doe deer knew dog was a threat to her fawn upon sight * but not the cat -- look carefully --in the opeming min of the video *** see the cat try to "neck bite" the fawn -- thats how cats "kill" their prey"---- now if the cat was a bobcat or larger type cat the fawn would have been dead *

watch how the "house" cat trails along stalking the fawn trying figger how to "take it down"--- note after the momma deer runs over and stomps the dog --she is in no mood to play --the cat was still trailing its prey - the doe says beat it the cat -- the cat goes to claw hthe does face and almost gets stomped --lucky for the cat the deer did not connect or it would have been lights out for the cat . --LESSON LEARNED --- DO NOT MESS WITH WILD ANIMALS WITH OFFSPRING.-- film at a distance only & KEEP HOUSEHOLD PETS AWAY FROM EM.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't feel sorry for the dog or cat. They shouldn't be running loose.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
"house""cats are hunters by nature even when well fed -- they will still hunt and kill birds and other small animals-- studys have shown this .

the dogs owner and cats owner should have "call them in" away from the fawn / doe -- i as person who knows a bit --would have -- i am smart enought to see "bad things" happening wrote all over this

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread