VIETNAM WALL_This is Special

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Greetings here is such a good one that I have to share it, as many of you will have friends
or family listed here.

This was in an email that we got from a lady that works with Karen in the school lunch program.
The first paragraph is what she says about it. Then after the space is what was in the original
email to her.

She says,,,,
"I spent quite some time looking around and hunting up a couple POW's?MIA's that I knew,
and this quite a site. I looked in the state of Michigan, saw every city, and every name on
the wall and also P/M page- what they found out. if they were found and returned. The guy
whose bracelet I wore back then was in the P/M section. They have his dog tags, but not
his body. They are still investigating and negotiating for their return. Some, like those who
died at sea, will never return. As you can tell, I really thought this is a worthwhile site.
(And she signed her name)

Now, follows what was in the original email. There is also a picture of the wall but my
computer couldn't pick it up so I can't post it.

Subject: VIETNAM WALL_ This is Special

First click on a state. When it opens, scroll down to the city and the names will appear.

Then click on their names. It should show you a picture of the person, or at least their
bio and medals.

This is really an amazing site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.

I hope that everyone who receives this appreciates what those who served in Vietnam
sacrificed for our country.

The link below is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Vietnam war with the names,
bio's, and other information on our lost heroes.

Those who remember that time frame, or perhaps lost friends or family can look them
up on this site.

Pass this link on to others, as many knew wonderful people whose names are listed.

http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Thank you for posting the link.
I lost buddies over there, I was too young for the draft during that time or my name may have been on that wall as well.
May they all RIP.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Yes Mike, My pleasure, and glad to do it. I hope some see this that can find someone they know on there.

May they all RIP,

Ray

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for this thread.
Lots of people are not aware of the fact that a very young woman from Ohio designed the Wall.
It was Maya Ying Lin who was an undergraduate at Yale University at the time. One can find a video of her on hulu. It appears in one of the Art:21 programs.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Thanks, Sky Pilot, I do hope some of the right ones see it.

Tee that would have been quite a scene to remember it by. Thanks for sharing that.

Hello, Michigan Badger, That is a pretty interesting thing to know, Thanks for sharing it
with us. I have never heard that before.

They have a moving or Traveling Wall that is taken to be on display in different places
around the US. It stopped locally two years ago and I got a chance to visit it. That is
a pretty solemn occasion, just to be there looking at it and realizing what it is and what
it stands for and to see all those names.

Ray

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
You're welcome, Richard, glad you liked it. I still hope that more will see it that can have the satisfaction of
seeing the name of a loved one or friend.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread