Gmail....grrrrrrr

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it appears that I am one of the chosen few to lose their gmail account completely. I have not been able to log on for 2 days now. I will give it one more day and then open up a hotmail account and never use gmail again....or if anyone has another email server suggestion I would be glad to hear it as gmail has had my last email for sure.... :angry5: :angry4: :cussing: :blob8:

Anyone else having the same fun and games?

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Gmail....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

I've had a gmail account for quite awhile. It's still working fine.

But, thanks for the info about the "don't always use http" deal - I did not know that.

My question on gmail is, how come it has started to open in the "write new message" instead of the inbox, like it did before?

Beth

lookielou

Feb 12, 2011
Where I Hang my Hat

This morning BBC mentioned in a post that .08 percent of gmail user's, roughly 150,000 were affected but according to gmail, they says something different.

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/gmail-back-soon-for-everyone.html

In truth, every service on the net has problems on occasion. I like hotmail and so do spammers. I've dealt with most of it through filters. Recently, I thought an account I've had with hotmail for close to 10 years was hacked then sent others email with out my consent. Now I wonder if the sender has cloaked their email address with mine, like a link is cloaked which happens a lot in spam.

It all depends on what you want, like and are happy with in a free or paid service. Can't suggest any here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have been using yahoo for over 13 years with never a problem... I got rid of gmail and hotmail......

sctoddc

Jan 4, 2010
Greenwood SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter said:
I have been using yahoo for over 13 years with never a problem... I got rid of gmail and hotmail......

Same here, and almost as long, 12 yrs., and never a problem with yahoo.

Todd

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tip for Hotmail users. Don't just dump your junk folder. Use the sweep function, then hit Block these users. Before you hit OK do a copy on the ones to be blocked. Paste them into word & then delete them. Now click on manage your Blocked Senders. Paste the addresses you just swept into the add line minus the first part. Example [email protected] = @spammer.com. Been doing this for about a year now. I've dropped from 30 - 40 + spams a day to 2 - 3 every day or two.

Sounds like a lot of hassle, but it's easy once you do it a couple of times. And worth the effort!

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon

sctoddc said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Same here, and almost as long, 12 yrs., and never a problem with yahoo.

Todd

Yeah, another here. I even paid the extra $20(or whatever it was) for the upgraded version, as it's my only e-mail.

lookielou

Feb 12, 2011
Where I Hang my Hat

So far as email providers and other services being hacked, if one tries a specific search in your favorite search engine, you'll find all the big name brands with a history of some sort. On the issue of spam, while not complete, I think it's somewhat dependent on one's online activities.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have had very few issues with Gmail . But Hot mail or live mail as it is now , well I have had endless issues with that over the years.
I quit using Hot mail as the spammers have a field day with it . And I have had two accounts lost on Hot mail.

Gmail might not be perfect but I will take that any day over Live mail , and with Gmail if someone is trying to get into my account I get a notice on my Cell .
Not with Live mail . They just shut you off and then you have to jump through all types of hoops to get it back up and running.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now, Hotmail, I've had lots of trouble with. Of course, I have/had a hotmail account so I could "talk" with my son in Germany.

Many, many, many times, I had to change the password - I'd use it to sign on, and then all of a sudden, it wouldn't work. I don't know what
their problem is, but, it has had lots of problems - for me, anyway. (maybe the spammers or hackers, don't know), but I cannot remember now the last time I used it.

Beth

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I use gmail primarily. Never had any problems yet. I also use yahoo, aol and att for certain things (bills on one, business on another etc.), no problems with them either I just prefer gmail because I like the format better. I don't get spam on any of my accounts. Then again I don't give out my email to many people or sites unless it's absolutely necessary.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have so many e-mail accounts I can't remember them all.. Then again, I like to keep it lively with different names. That way it's harder to keep track of me. Like I say, "if it's free, it's for me!" :tongue3:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As said above,a lot of the spam comes from your on-line tracks. Check your cookies. You'd be amazed how many cookies you pick up and you can't tell me that at least 90% aren't tracking cookies. Even if you use something like spybot or AVG, clean uot your cookies & I'll bet a lot of the spam goes away.

OP
OP
TheRandyMan

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I try to use my gmail login bookmark...it never loads...

When I go to Google home page and click mail...it never loads...

I am unable to even get to the mail server login page....

Ideas? :help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread