Good deal or not so good deal?

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
We placed an order last evening for "The Cookout Combo" that comes with.

2-5oz Filet Mignon
2-5oz Top Sirloin Steaks
4-1lb Boneless Chicken Breasts
4-4oz Omaha Steak Burgers
4-3oz Gourmet Franks

And we got 6 FREE 4oz Omaha Steak Burgers

We used a $20.00 gift card we got from redeeming 500 Coka Cola rewards points and received 1/2 off on shipping.

The whole package was:

$49.95
-$20.00 (gift card)
S/H with 1/2 off was $8.99

Total $38.98

Bonus - A free cooler and some dry ice for science experiments with the kids (not to mention the look on there faces when they realize you can get meat in the mail. :laughing9: )

I know prices are different everywhere, so who thinks this is a good deal?

Thanks for all the input folks, I'll let you all know when it's delivered on the 19th.

I thought about cashing in some coke points and getting a few $20 gift cards for this place and giving it a try, my kids love it when something is delivered and I think this would really surprise them.

http://www.omahasteaks.com/servlet/...UF=WZC&shoptype=PROMOTION&shopsrc=PRMHoliday3

I usually hunt it or buy all meat locally but thought I might try them, it would definitely be a one time thing because everything is priced so high.

Anyone ever had any experience with them or know someone who has?

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Anyone ever ordered from Omaha Steaks.com?

My mom used to order from them a lot because she was frail and couldn't get out much. They were definitely good quality cuts of meat.

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

mrwilburino said:
My mom used to order from them a lot because she was frail and couldn't get out much. They were definitely good quality cuts of meat.

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping they would be good cuts, and I sort of figured for the price they would have to be.

When I see the prices, I imagine the cows in a beautiful barn with red velvet bedding, sipping chardonne while listening to classical music.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can't go wrong with them. I've bought from them on and off for years and never had a bad experience. Great tasting meat too :thumbsup:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good quality but VERY pricey. Depending on how much you order, the styrofoam box they come in make great bait boxes. ;D

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

spartacus53 said:
You can't go wrong with them. I've bought from them on and off for years and never had a bad experience. Great tasting meat too :thumbsup:

packerbacker said:
Good quality but VERY pricey. Depending on how much you order, the styrofoam box they come in make great bait boxes. ;D

Good to hear guys!

The box is one thing I noticed while checking the shipping, we used to have one of our own and the American Legion has several and they keep things cool for a very long time.

Thanks guys!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Good meat.
Expensive price.
Shipping container makes nice light cooler box.

Frank

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

Frankn said:
Good meat.
Expensive price.
Shipping container makes nice light cooler box.

Frank

Thanks Frank!

I think the dry ice will be fun to trick someone with. ;D

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Yea, we use to put it in water and watch it "boil". Frank
It's amazing what a little CO2 will do.

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

Frankn said:
Yea, we use to put it in water and watch it "boil". Frank
It's amazing what a little CO2 will do.

I had thought about putting it under my wife's car hood and then saying, oh my God babe, whats wrong with your car. Then I thought about it more and I don't want it ruining any lines or belts or worse.

What I think I may do is put it in my neighbors empty trash can one morning, and then call and ask why they would burn trash in a plastic barrel.

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

With all the positive comments we decide we would order Monday. With 500 coke codes it will save us $20.00 (unless I can get us to 1,000 by then because we could get two of the gift cards saving $40.00) so the package above will cost $39.95 and we get a free cooler and dry ice to play a prank with.

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.

Yes I got some years ago. It was very good top quality beef. I got a free little radio and the styrafoam cooler.

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

I still imagine the cows in a beautiful barn with red velvet bedding, sipping chardonne while listening to classical music.

It's almost time for the grill to be fired up and we are starting to get low on beaf so we are going to go for the package.

Thanks!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My father used to get them once in a while when they first came out. Their cust were pretty good and the meat was excelent. But that was way back when almost 17 years ago. Of course their cuts were never to my liking because I like my steaks big and thick. I get mad looking at a piece of meat the size of a saucer plate and about a 1/2 inck thick!

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

TheHarleyMan2 said:
My father used to get them once in a while when they first came out. Their cust were pretty good and the meat was excelent. But that was way back when almost 17 years ago. Of course their cuts were never to my liking because I like my steaks big and thick. I get mad looking at a piece of meat the size of a saucer plate and about a 1/2 inck thick!

I know what you mean on small cuts. My first job at 13 was as a meat cutter at my Fathers grocery store and I was trained by a pro. I'm still very critical when it comes to the cuts, too me all steaks are great and I never turn one down but some are just a heck of a lot better than others.

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes

Even though Omaha Steaks taste pretty good when I have a steak I want a big slab of dead mammal on my plate, not something so small I need my glasses to see. Frankly, you can do as well or better with a local butcher and a little prep yourself.

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

Bubba707 said:
Even though Omaha Steaks taste pretty good when I have a steak I want a big slab of dead mammal on my plate, not something so small I need my glasses to see. Frankly, you can do as well or better with a local butcher and a little prep yourself.

I like big cuts myself, but I'm getting $20.00 off from coke rewards and it will surprise my son and daughter that a person can actually get beaf in the mail.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta

Depends on what you are used to.... If you like to eat "prime" meat that melts in your mouth, you will be dissapointed. If you are used to eating regular grocery store meat, then this will be about the same. It's "choice" grade meat in a nice cooler.....I'll bet that you won't order twice...

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used

We placed an order last evening for "The Cookout Combo" that comes with.

2-5oz Filet Mignon
2-5oz Top Sirloin Steaks
4-1lb Boneless Chicken Breasts
4-4oz Omaha Steak Burgers
4-3oz Gourmet Franks

And we got 6 FREE 4oz Omaha Steak Burgers

We used a $20.00 gift card we got from redeeming 500 Coka Cola rewards points and received 1/2 off on shipping.

The whole package was:

$49.95
-$20.00 (gift card)
S/H with 1/2 off was $8.99

Total $38.98

Bonus - A free cooler and some dry ice for science experiments with the kids (not to mention the look on there faces when they realize you can get meat in the mail. :laughing9: )

I know prices are different everywhere, so who thinks this is a good deal?

Thanks for all the input folks, I'll let you all know when it's delivered on the 19th.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread