Sewing circle (Harry Potter type robe).

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
O.k. don't laugh, but I'm a man and I own a sewing machine. So, lets please be mature here.

So, my next personal project, is to follow this persons changes of the patterns that she uses, and make the very robe that she's made (not a cloak, but a robe). My idea, is not to make one that looks exactly like the harry potter robe that she made, but rather, a very plane and very dark Grey and 'dingy' looking robe, but at the same time, a very quality robe. If you look at this link (below) you'll see some of the examples she used for her design. Has anyone ever made a robe like this? All the patterns that I've found (and her too) has the 'halloween' costume in mind, and none that has the 'serious' person in mind. Call my crazy, but I think the robe type that she's patterning in her example is something very well worth wearing at cold times of the year.... let me know your thoughts... It looks like a very stylish robe and I personally, would have no problem wearing this in the cold.

Also, I was thinking wool at first, but that fabric is too much of a problem to take care of. What other 'care free' fabrics can you recommend?
http://www.dartheagle.com/poa_robe1.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread