in 2009, gas theft cost the industry $89 million, Bunch of Cry Babies !!!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OIL COMPANYS and WALL street should all be exterminated from the face of the earth for robbing the working American citizen. Let's not get into the Insurance and pharmaceutical company's today

S

Smee

. . . or Lawyers . . . or Doctors --- the two biggest scams ever perpetrated on humankind. While they vie for power, and the gold mine, we get the shaft . . . literally.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I believe you are ALL missing the biggest crooks in the U S. It is the U S guv'ment and other taxing authorties.
These are Facts: In the 1st half of 2009, the total earnings of Exxon was $8.5 Billion.
During the same time period, Exxon was TAXED $36.554 BILLION, 4.3 TIMES Exxon's earnings!!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And they never seem to Loose Money!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa D@amn cry babies I'm paying out 3.73 per gallon and still going up!!!

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
One thing they don't mention is the $23 million worth of toilet paper also stolen from the gas station restrooms at the same time. Yeah, it may only be one-ply, but these people are desperate.... :D

S

Smee

Goose-0 said:
I believe you are ALL missing the biggest crooks in the U S. It is the U S guv'ment and other taxing authorties.
These are Facts: In the 1st half of 2009, the total earnings of Exxon was $8.5 Billion.
During the same time period, Exxon was TAXED $36.554 BILLION, 4.3 TIMES Exxon's earnings!!

I thought I said LAWYERS. My bad . . . :laughing7:

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sigh...........back in the day, a pair of six guns, fast horse, and close companions would take care of the banks and trains.....now a college degree, expensive suit, fancy shoes, and an imported car does the trick...its no wonder the ante is upped....the expenses to commit a respectable robbery comes in many complicated modern trappings and expectations. As long as we are on the planet, someone will find a way to pry that last dime from our fingers.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the gas drive offs are the Bonnie & Clydes
of today.

In my book the demigod's of the 21st Century

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went on vacation here a couple of weeks ago. I paided less for gas in the south then I do here in the north. I got gas as low as $3.43 per gal and here in the north gas was $3.68 why the big different in prices.......Matt

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goose-0 said:

[/quote

You're joking right?

Exxon paid ZERO, NONE, NADA, ZIP Income tax in 2009:
http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2010/04/06/exxon-zero-taxes/

S

Smee

mlayers said:
I went on vacation here a couple of weeks ago. I paided less for gas in the south then I do here in the north. I got gas as low as $3.43 per gal and here in the north gas was $3.68 why the big different in prices.......Matt

Transportation. Our prices should be lower here, but we kinda subsidize you Yankees. Yep, we're still paying for the Civil War.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mlayers said:

I saw gas in Missouri in the low 3,s. Yes!! Why is the same gas so high in the North east ??? Must come from a different pipeline ::)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
I saw gas in Missouri in the low 3,s. Yes!! Why is the same gas so high in the North east ??? Must come from a different pipeline ::)

It's all about supply and demand; we consume tons of fuel in the northeast, especially NJ where the is limited public transportation. As for NY, well look, you have millions of people crammed into several square miles. It's easier to rob the masses when they are all atop of each other :laughing7:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
jeff of pa said:
the gas drive offs are the Bonnie & Clydes
of today.

In my book the demigod's of the 21st Century

It may seem that way but here we have Casey's General Stores, my sister works at one here in town. They do not have security cameras on the gas pumps and if there is a drive off they make the employee on the register pay for it. I don't know how they can legally do this but that means that Bonnie and Clyde are actually stealing from someone who is barely making minimum wage.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, nooo I cannot seem to see the oil companies being as bad as the people who will not let us do something about it. Believe it or not , do not care, the profit percentage is low on these guys. They would love to give more oil because they would make more money. But, alas, It is evil, it is not clean, and they are suffocating your children in their sleep. Really?

The head goof said that there is nothing we can do in the short term to reduce gas prices, what a liar, say yes to drilling and see what happens with the speculators, who apparently are the harbingers of doom, or the messengers of happiness, depending on availability.
Also, in the defense of Jeff, BP is one of the bad guys, and to explain it would fall into the realm of politics, so, you must look them up yourself!! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread