We placed an order at Omahasteaks.com - Good or bad deal?

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
We placed an order at omahasteaks.com last evening for "The Cookout Combo" that comes with.

2-5oz Filet Mignon
2-5oz Top Sirloin Steaks
4-1lb Boneless Chicken Breasts
4-4oz Omaha Steak Burgers
4-3oz Gourmet Franks

And we got 6 FREE 4oz Omaha Steak Burgers

We used a $20.00 gift card we got from redeeming 500 Coka Cola rewards points and received 1/2 off on shipping.

The whole package was:

$49.95
-$20.00 (gift card)
S/H with 1/2 off was $8.99

Total $38.98

Bonus - A free cooler and some dry ice for science experiments with the kids (not to mention the look on there faces when they realize you can get meat in the mail. :tongue3: )

I know prices are different everywhere, so who thinks this is a good or bad deal?

Thanks for all the input folks, I'll let you all know when it's delivered on the 19th.

K

Kentucky Kache

WindHarvester said:
Bonus - A free cooler and some dry ice for science experiments with the kids (not to mention the look on there faces when they realize you can get meat in the mail. :tongue3: )

Not to mention the look on there faces when they pick up a piece of dry ice. ;D

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Let us know if it was a good deal AFTER you've eaten them! :tongue3:

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Kentucky Kache said:
WindHarvester said:

Not to mention the look on there faces when they pick up a piece of dry ice. ;D

LOL, We'll be using gloves. We found some cool experiments on youtube so it should be fun.

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
Put a piece if dry ice in an empty liter coke bottle, add a little water, put the top on and throw that sucker as far as you can. The bottle will expand until it explodes-and let me tell you-it's LOUD!!
Might want to get far away from populated areas first though. The explosion has a tendency to make most folks nervous-especially the law!!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you got 1-1/4 lbs. of steak
1 lb. of hamburger
3/4 lbs. of hotdogs and
4 lbs. of chicken
That's a total of 7 lbs. of meat if you call "Franks" meat. ;D You paid a total of $38.98 after cashing in your $20 certificate which boils it down to $5.569 per pound. Had you not used the $20 it would have cost $58.98 or $8.426 per pound.
Using information from the attached site I estimate you got about $25 worth of meat but I could have figured wrong. Of course these prices are at the store, not delivered to your home.
http://www.bls.gov/ro3/apmw.htm

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Michaelangelo said:
Put a piece if dry ice in an empty liter coke bottle, add a little water, put the top on and throw that sucker as far as you can. The bottle will expand until it explodes-and let me tell you-it's LOUD!!
Might want to get far away from populated areas first though. The explosion has a tendency to make most folks nervous-especially the law!!

We used to do this with a certain chemical (that I would never mention here) and aluminum foil. Yep it's loud and can chase off a den of coyote real good.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My only dealings with Omaha Steak has been eating them. I have had a rather wealthy
customer for over 15 yrs. and every Christmas he sends me a Pkg. of the felit menons. They are great. Once it was T-bones, but I had a power outage and forgot about the freezer in the garage. You know the rest.

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
seems like a good deal....and the one time i helped him fix his blackberry the president of the company was a nice guy....dunno if he is still president since that was a couple years back now. and his IT guy about a half year after that....

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had this guy sent to the butcher's just over a week ago. He should be ready in about another week. No antibiotics, no growth hormones, just good ol' feed. Nuthin' better than home grown anything!

Attachments

• steer5.jpg
    steer5.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 212

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Packer, he looks a lot like the last one that I put in the freezer. Fed on green grass, hay and some corn and oats. The best darn beef that you coud ever get.
Just my opinion, I'm just an old Cowboy

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wife and I received the same package a few years ago,yes the meat was very good,but I've had better and have gotten more{lbs.} at the same or better price.
I see that your in Ohio,check out your local farmers markets and see what ones offer meat,here in Austin,Tx. we have several farmers markets and several good ones that sell meat,free of drugs.

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Shipped yesterday. We usually buy all our meat from local farmers, aside from our deer meat that we harvest or barter with neighbors.

I definitely agree on the hormones they pump into commercial beef, chickens etc. It scares me to be honest. This was just something I thought I would try and more than likely will never do again.

They shipped yesterday so I'll let you all know how it turned out in a few days.

Thanks for your replies.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure you'll enjoy it just fine. Sometimes you pay a little extra just to get pampered a bit. Nothing beats getting food put right on your doorstep. (unless your cat brings you a gift :D )

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Funny video Mike!

Well the package is due for delivery today so I'll let you all know how things turn out.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My granddaughter was pulling the head of the steer we had butchered from side to side just goofing around with him a couple days before we sent him to the butcher. My son told her to quit playing with her food. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread