GEO CACHE !

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well It was different!
I went out to search an old castle site called Glen Ellen. The only thing left is the foundations that are about 100yards long. I took my 2 box to look for any deep treasure caches. 2 box units operate differently from regular detectors in that they really reach out in every direction more so than regular detectors. I was walking towards the wall and got a signal 12' away that increased constantly as I approached the wall. This was unusual because a signal is usually constant till it drops off. I tried it at 90* and the signal got louder from 12' to a point where it started to drop off. This implied I was picking up a large metal object near the surface. All I saw was a pile of rocks against the wall. I removed several rocks and there it was, a 50 cal. ammo can. I opened it up expecting to find some hidden loot. To my surprise it contained a log book and a assortment of of items from fishing floats to Chucky Cheese tokens. There was even a CD of the greatest hits of the 80's. There was also a description of the castle and instructions. I filled out the log book notes and replaced it intact. I heard about that game, but never ran into it before.
Anyone else ever ran into it before? Frank

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The instruction sheet said it was a world wide game. The caches are located with a GPS. Frank

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I found one, once, hiking in a state park. I left the path and climbed down to some interesting rocks, there was a tupperware bowl stashed in the corner. I did the same, filled out the log, took something, and left something in exchange. It remained there for a couple of years, and I would check on it. Cool idea :icon_thumleft:

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out geocaching.com. Used to look for them before I got addicted to detectors. Lots of fun and a chance to see alot of different areas, and sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread