Gas prices are high.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hypoman said:
I disagree. If the hearts strings of the poor can be played with that ole saving money tune, then that means money for them. Can't afford gas right now? Buy a new car and use less gas! This kind of commercial is not geared towards the rich. It is geared towards the poor and the green crowd(many of which are poor).

As was mentioned, how can you afford a new car if you can't even afford the gas? That's the mentality behind the liberal's "cash for clunkers" program.

"We'll put you in a new car with Government (Taxpayer) money, then, you are on your own, you sap!"

Same mentality behind the housing collapse.

Scott

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K said:
hypoman said:
I disagree. If the hearts strings of the poor can be played with that ole saving money tune, then that means money for them. Can't afford gas right now? Buy a new car and use less gas! This kind of commercial is not geared towards the rich. It is geared towards the poor and the green crowd(many of which are poor).

As was mentioned, how can you afford a new car if you can't even afford the gas? That's the mentality behind the liberal's "cash for clunkers" program.

"We'll put you in a new car with Government (Taxpayer) money, then, you are on your own, you sap!"

Same mentality behind the housing collapse.

Scott

Yes. If they realy thought & Cared about the poor
driving around in Gas hogs, they would have given even up trades,
on used vehicles with better mileage.

Instead of offering a few Dollars off on a New Vehicle
for your "Clunker"

It was all to make the auto Industry look
like things were improving for them

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hypoman said:
FarmerChick said:
hypoman said:
Are you gonna complain about it or do something about it........

These were the words that I heard as I turned on the t.v today for an advertisement for the new Corolla. If I can't currently afford gas......... how can I afford your stupid car? I wonder if this kind of propaganda has any stats that we can see on whether or not it works.

That ad wasn't geared at you...lol

people who can afford to change vehicles could do it and save lots of money thru the years with the new car.

Not every ad is for everyone.

this situation works well for some people. simple as that. of course if you can't afford it, don't do it. there are people with money in old car situations where it is feasible to consider a new gas saving vehicle.

what are ads? of course they are to get your to part with your money under all circumstances. But some ads do offer a good solution for people.

my SUV is paid for. I have money. I know with a gas saving vehicle I could easily trade in my SUV and save money on a smaller new car. But right now the SUV fits my lifesyle and a smaller car would not. So yea, that ad would work for me if the situation was I wanted a smaller vehicle and save gas money at this time.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is why i got a Prius back in 2008... and its been working great ever since!
yes for awhile when gas as 2.50 a gallon i WASNT A FAN... but now that its back up
to 4 bucks... im happy!!! :) i love to get 64 miles to the gallon! since all my driving
is around town... maybe trading in the SUV's like i did would be a good idea? idk..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K*E*L*L*Y said:
this is why i got a Prius back in 2008... and its been working great ever since!
yes for awhile when gas as 2.50 a gallon i WASNT A FAN... but now that its back up
to 4 bucks... im happy!!! :) i love to get 64 miles to the gallon! since all my driving
is around town... maybe trading in the SUV's like i did would be a good idea? idk..

This is all Well & Fine for Florida, Southern California, & Etc.
Where there is Flat land & pretty close to 0%
chance of needing 4 wheel Drive.

I Don't think a Prius, or any of those other
"Cute Little cars" Women & Enviromentalists
like to be seen in, Would last long enough to
pay for themselves in the North.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:

This is all Well & Fine for Florida, Southern California, & Etc.
Where there is Flat land & pretty close to 0%
chance of needing 4 wheel Drive.

I Don't think a Prius, or any of those other
"Cute Little cars" Women & Enviromentalists
like to be seen in, Would last long enough to
pay for themselves in the North.

OH THATS TRUE! hahhaha im not sure a Prius could take the snow! :(
this was a really bad winter for us in FL .. and some mornings when i took my kids to school..
and it was in the 30's... the prius.. with its push button start... didnt want to start on the
first push! and it was in my garage all night! :( YIKES!

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
i get 9.6 avg mpg according to the evic but the sound and power makes it all worth it. I love an American v8. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread