bad news frum the doc ( Dr. Warden cured me i hope )

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My double by-pass to my legs in 08 wuz done wrong. He gave me 15 years if i change my lifestyle, 10 years if i cheat and 5 years or less with no legs or death if i dont stop smokin. :-[ More tests are on the way maybe another surgery will help. DONT kid yurself STOP SMOKIN it will kill ya. FRANK. Wife researched 1 of my medications and found out both doctors were wrong. Side effects of one wuz swelling of the feet and leg pain so i stopped taken it. Gonna stop smokin but now i can at least walk better. Doctors are now Fired!! >:(

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: bad news frum the doc

I always like readin your posts but I didn't care too much for that one, hoss. What you gonna do, cause you don't seem to be the type to just lay back and take that news as a given?

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN said:
I always like readin your posts but I didn't care too much for that one, hoss. What you gonna do, cause you don't seem to be the type to just lay back and take that news as a given?
givin up all the bad stuff i guess

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hang in there, and avoid the worst case scenario.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi! Frank I feel for you buddy but don't give up. I was told in January that I have wet macular degeneration in my eyes and I'm loosing my distance sight, I was also told I have a spot on my lung and I've been smoking for 55+ years. Guess what I haven't had a fag in 10 weeks and I sounded just like you (I don't want to quit) but I did. By the way the spot on my lung is gone and I told my wife I could start smoking again :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: guess I won't say that again to her.
Keep the faith Bud life does get better no matter the circumstances. Charlie

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Marchas45 said:
Hi! Frank I feel for you buddy but don't give up. I was told in January that I have wet macular degeneration in my eyes and I'm loosing my distance sight, I was also told I have a spot on my lung and I've been smoking for 55+ years. Guess what I haven't had a fag in 10 weeks and I sounded just like you (I don't want to quit) but I did. By the way the spot on my lung is gone and I told my wife I could start smoking again :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: guess I won't say that again to her.
Keep the faith Bud life does get better no matter the circumstances. Charlie
thanks Frank

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hang in there Frank.

Fossis............

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Big hugs and kisses! Get better soon, Frankie! :-*

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

AA I know what is causing it all. It's the ants. I tell you it's the ants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though the nicotine in the cigarettes causes your blood to thicken and become very sticky. When I worked as a cardiac nurse >75% of our open heart surgery patients that continued to smoke came back within 5 years.

Please try to find a way to stop smoking. It will do you good.!

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

Quitting cold turkey is hard. I know, because nicotine is very addictive and hard to overcome without serious withdrwal symtoms. But you can do it. It will take loads of wiilpower and help from all your friends.Also you will need a crutch.Mine was cinnamon cnady discs. Whenever i had a craving, I put a disc in my mouth. It wasn't the same, but it did help satisfy some of my cravings. Anytime you have an addictive habit,especially one like tobacco,in any form,it is hard to overcome. Your body grows accustomed to having it and when deprived, it goes into withdrawal mode. Some use chewing gum or other hard or soft candy as a crutch. Whatever you choose, I hope it works for you. Good Luck. rockhound

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de Tayopa :) ..... may have some good advice for you frank!
if not.... the "BIG C" might be your next fight! :(
:'( :'(

~kel

Attachments

• Photo1105.jpg
    Photo1105.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 174

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

smoking (like a damned idiot) along with asbestosis onbaord the ships I worked on helped make me the man I am today -- a copd ridden shell of myself with a greatly reduced life span expectency .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread