Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7953 times
    The Truth

HOW TO READ BAR CODES

This is wondeerful news and we all need to watch these numbers when we buy foods to eat for our families.

ALWAYS READ THE LABELS ON THE FOODS YOU BUY--NO MATTER WHAT THE FRONT OF THE BOX OR PACKAGE SAYS, TURN IT OVER AND READ THE BACK---CAREFULLY!

With all the food and pet products now coming from China , it is best to make sure you read labels at the grocery store and especially Walmart when buying food products.

Many products no longer show where they were made, only give where the distributor is located. It is important to read the bar code to track it's origin.

How to read Bar Codes ....
    interesting!
    This may be useful to know when grocery shopping, if it's a concern to you.
    GREAT WAY TO "BUY USA & CANADA " AND NOT FROM CHINA!!

The whole world is afraid of China-made
    "black hearted goods".

Can you differentiate which one is made in
    Taiwan or China ?

If the first 3 digits of the barcode are 690, 691
    or 692, the product is MADE IN CHINA.

471 is Made in Taiwan .

This is our right to know, but the government
    and related departments never educate the
    public, therefore we have to RESCUE
    ourselves.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that
    consumers do not prefer products "MADE IN
    CHINA", so they don't show from which
    country it is made.

However, you may now refer to the barcode -
    remember if the first 3 digits are:

690-692 ... then it is MADE IN CHINA
    00 - 09 ... USA & CANADA
    30 - 37 ... FRANCE
    40 - 44 ... GERMANY
    471 ... Taiwan
    49 ... JAPAN
    50 ... UK

BUY USA & CANADIAN MADE by watching for "0" at the beginning of the number.
    We need every boost we can get!

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9856 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: HOW TO READ BAR CODES

Good to know.

gb
    Aug 2009
    SWEDEN
    (on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
    188 times

And of course...our wonderful lying governments would never dream of manipulating this....would they?

(There's another one for your "why i don't sleep at night" list mate...no charge!)

ca
    Feb 2011
    Edgewood, B.C.
    excal2, XP Deus
    42 times

Unfortunately, it is a mixture of true and false facts.

The bar code indicates where the code itself was assigned.. not necessarily where the product was made.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/barcodes.asp

Cheers

Bartholomewroberts
    "Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in".

us
    Stuck Behind the Iron Curtain in Occupied Soviet California..:(

Nov 2006
    In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern California
    Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. , , Garrett Pro Pointer
    4086 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Here is a little trivia for you. The first number on all bar codes is 6, the middle number is 6, and the last number is always 6. All bar codes have this key within them, that key is the number 666! Hum...I wonder how this fits into the Mark of the Beast?
    Hunting San Francisco Bay Area since 1985

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6886 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks for the info, worked retail for years, I always knew that the size of the lines and spaces were for reasons in reading that thing.
    We had a guy in Fla, got arrested, for making his own bar codes at home on the computer, went to Walmart(of all places), bought $2000.00 of Christmas toys(idiot, but not my call for judgement), for $17.42! There may be a hidden lesson there. hehehehehe, to him that has ears.......
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

gb
    Aug 2009
    SWEDEN
    (on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
    188 times

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Fluke
    Here is a little trivia for you. The first number on all bar codes is 6, the middle number is 6, and the last number is always 6. All bar codes have this key within them, that key is the number 666! Hum...I wonder how this fits into the Mark of the Beast?
    Usually in a triangle on his head!

Charter Member
    us

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    6886 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

About the same way the carbon atom fits into it perfectly. Look on your Periodic Table of Elements. With an atom you gotta have neutrons, electrons, and protons. Th carbon atom has 6 electrons, 6 protons, 6 neutrons. If all life form is carbon based material, 666, what does that tell you?
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

us
    Sep 2007
    Sal Sagev Adaven
    E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,, GB PRO.
    48 times
    Metal Detecting

I'll just follow you with My E-trac, Sov GT,or GoldBug Pro.

Kentucky Kache

Quote Originally Posted by pat-tekker-cat
    About the same way the carbon atom fits into it perfectly. Look on your Periodic Table of Elements. With an atom you gotta have neutrons, electrons, and protons. Th carbon atom has 6 electrons, 6 protons, 6 neutrons. If all life form is carbon based material, 666, what does that tell you?
    These things are not the mark of the beast. The religious world is looking for such, yet we're told that "he" DECEIVES those who take the mark. It would be hard to deceive them with something they're looking for, wouldn't it? The "he" referred to is a religious leader, as well as a political leader, just in case there's any question on who it is that he deceives. It's the whole religious and political world.

us
    The Past Tells the Future! Let's try not to do it over .

Feb 2011
    Strafford , Missouri
    Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
    16 times

I have an app on my Droid phone that I scan with , it tells me a whole lot of data on the product from where it is made to what it is and how much it cost even in other stores .
    It is a free app and well worth it as I do use it quite a lot .
    Just look up bar-code scanner on the app site and you will find quite a few of them to chose from .
    Few things I love to do is , Metal Detecting for anything of the past!
    Making Detectors better ! Tuning and finding ways to upgrade Detector hardware , To make them work the Best that is possable !

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    6883 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I for one like urban legends. Got anything on the satanic connotations of the P&G symbol? Bar codes don't contain anything definite about country of origin. I understand that Europe has a different system that indicates where the code is registered, not manufactured. Usually it tells you on the package, 'Made in China' or 'Hecho en Mexico'. They don't keep it too big a secret. Our barcodes mainly consist of the number assigned to the manufacturer, product number, and control digits. But I liked the post, cause even I went back and checked them out on the internet, just in case something had changed from the training we had.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Charter Member
    us

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    6886 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus
    I have an app on my Droid phone that I scan with , it tells me a whole lot of data on the product from where it is made to what it is and how much it cost even in other stores .
    It is a free app and well worth it as I do use it quite a lot .
    Just look up bar-code scanner on the app site and you will find quite a few of them to chose from .
    Hey deadalus, that is a cool app thingy to have! I've seen folks using them.

I was in Kohl's Dept store few months back, waiting in line to pay. A lady behind me had 4 little girls with her, stair-stacked 5-13, or so. They were all so sweet, and so cute, to each other. When one accidently brushed me, she said, Oh "excuse me, i'm sorry", well, my little heart just flooded open.........
    I complimented her and the others, on how sweet, nice and polite, I had noticed them all behaving together, and it made me feel so good to see that, blah blah blah.......The lady had one of those appy things on her phone, with a 15% discount coupon, and when it was time to pay, she shoved that app in front of the check out girl, and told her to scan it on my purchas. I WAS FLOORED! (Saved me, like, $17.00 something dollars.) But that treasure wasn't in my wallet that day! I really believe, you get back, what you put out there.
    Always check that appy thing, to save yourself, and someone else in line, a buck or two!

Oh, and I don't even own a cell phone, by choice, and I have my reasons.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1045 times

Yeah, because I'd be calling you collect 2-3 times a day

Actually, I can't call you anyway. The 2 on my phone is broken

Charter Member
    us

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    6886 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by spartacus53
    Yeah, because I'd be calling you collect 2-3 times a day

Actually, I can't call you anyway. The 2 on my phone is broken
    Spart, I/we had to get the hubby a cellph for Christmas, actually for job and work. I can't stand the thing! I used to have peace, now my phone is ringing all the time! When I see it's him, he gets the usuall greeting of "WHAT!" Man, I liked the days when we could go all day, and actually survive, without having to talk or see each other! LOL!
    I have threatened to call his human resource guy, get him shipped back to Camp Lajuene, New Orleans, or Puerto Rico, again! LOL!
    Stick a bar code on him, like UPS! (that's a byebye wave, not hello!)
    Sometimes a cat can use a break!

Sponsored Links