City of Dallas keeps $2000 found by honest teen! - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29636 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: City of Dallas keeps $2000 found by honest teen!

Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa
    Although I Agree she was Robbed,
    I Believe the School would Rob her also.

It's Obvious She is Easily Manipulated
    & The school will convince her it should go to them
    for Books Or Charity.

That said Please read
    Under TERMS
    http://www.treasurenet.com/terms/

You may not... Use the TreasureNet.com forums for any fundraising purposes.

You may not... Request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization.

Without Marc's Go ahead this would Be against the rules
    I didn't realize that.........Hummm what if IP sold nice shiney zinc pennies for a dollar.....? If it was donated in the name of TreasureNet and made the local newspaper it would be nice advertising.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    It should all go to one person, then have them mail a check or better yet go to a Chase Bank and add it to the trust fund in the name of TreasureNet....

Iron Patch, do you want to be the host for the funds? Since it was your idea I think you should get the credit for it, notice I say credit, not the work, if you don't want to do it and no one else steps forward I will do it...........

Can't be me. My Paypal account has a fairly high volume of payments in and out so would be a real mess to mix these in.

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    Although I Agree she was Robbed,
    I Believe the School would Rob her also.

It's Obvious She is Easily Manipulated
    & The school will convince her it should go to them
    for Books Or Charity.

That said Please read
    Under TERMS
    http://www.treasurenet.com/terms/

You may not... Use the TreasureNet.com forums for any fundraising purposes.

You may not... Request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization.

Without Marc's Go ahead this would Be against the rules
    I didn't realize that.........Hummm what if IP sold nice shiney zinc pennies for a dollar.....? If it was donated in the name of TreasureNet and made the local newspaper it would be nice advertising.
    Had no idea either, but right from the start I was just suggesting this and thinking it would be the T-net that would have to take control to get it done right. So with that said I shall leave it as nothing more than an idea to run with, or not.

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6923 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I was not aware of any t-net violation, in this area either, many apologies if we faux pas.

Unless someone wants to be brave enough to pm marc or jeff and bother them with this, we may have to be all on our owns, in what we do, no matter how we do it.

Listen guys, those directions are pretty clear. I kinda wanna back off, not bother the t-net gods, do what I know I gotta do. I dunno.........I ain't trying to be a scaredy cat, I just don't wanna ruffle no one elses feathers, needlessly. Again guys, the rules are pretty clear. I'd just hate to see them come down on us, in a hard way, after last, and this weeks' fiascos. For trying to do a good thing. We are all grown-ups and we no what we have to do and when we have to do it.

Establishments can set their rules in thier worlds, but it don't apply to my world, in my reality.
    I know where I'm going tomorow. And I ain't gonna say no more, cause I may be in some kinda violation, again? Good luck guys, I'll be lurken.

wondering if we need to let this little thread slide on down, undetected, but duely noted, till the next injustice to act upon raises it's ugly head
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

us
    Hey! I found a .........

Jul 2006
    TEXAS
    937 times

It was a good idea. Would have been great, but I guess we are on our own now with this.

Metal detecting: Getting up at the break of dawn to experience the thrill of the unknown.

Charter Member
    us

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    6923 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by thrillathahunt
    It was a good idea. Would have been great, but I guess we are on our own now with this.

It is still a good idea. It is still great, and we all are own our own, save ourselves, and Ashley too.

i'm still trying to let this slide on down
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32924 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

My guess it's a Matter of Legalities.

I Know in my area you cannot Collect Donations
    for Yourself or anyone else Legally
    unless it is done through a Financial Institution,
    or Legal Non Profit Entity.

Not sure how this applies on the WWW

Then you also have others who See & Decide they
    can start a Collection for something
    & Just keep 90% for themselves

Just keep 90% for themselves

Well I guess I could keep track of it in my Paypal. 8)

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32924 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch
    Just keep 90% for themselves

Well I guess I could keep track of it in my Paypal. 8)

Anyone remember the Adds in the Back of ROLLING STONE ?

I Am trying to get one Million people
    to send me a One Dollar Bill.
    I Wonder if it Worked

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3331 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

THIS IS GRUBBERMINT (GREEDY GRABBY GOVT) at its worst -- you "mr / mrs / miss adverage joe / jane " tax paying citizen --can not have a "lucky day" type find -- EVERYTHING "LOST THING" THAT IS TURNED IN AS REQUIRED BY LAW -- AND NOT CLAIMED BY FOLKS WHO CAN PROVE ITS THEIRS WITHIN 90 DAYS--WE CAN GRAB OR CLAIM--AS "OURS" --MMMOOOHHHAAHHAAA

REMINDS ME OF A FRICKIN SPOILED 3 YEAR OLD --SCREAMING --MINE, MINE, MINE

I HOPE TO GOD AT THE NEXT TOWN HALL TYPE MEETING IN DALLAS --THE LOCALS LAMBASTE THE BUNCH CROOKS , THAT PUT THIS "ON THE BOOKS"

they are stealing "finds" from law abiding citizens who do things "properly" by the book-- folks who really deserve the finds for doing things "correctly" -- this is exactly why folks "distrust" govt officals and policys

this is abuse of office and plain old "theft"

Charter Member
    us

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    6923 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by texastee2007
    -I tried to find out the Finders Keepers Law in Texas and this is all I came up with...perhaps a call to the Dallas Police Dept chief...? on line number is 800-527-2948
    Finders Keepers
    http://www.strasburger.com/calendar/.../fpk_tax02.htm
    I like the Golden Rule, He who has the gold, rules! LOL!

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3331 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

nope --its he who has the "gun" rules -- cuz if you got got gold and i got a gun --your gold is now mine

however normally powerful , rich gold "haves" hire and arm some "have nots" (various froms of "security" --be it national (army /navy/air force / marines )--- or statte and local police --or "private" to protect them from the much larger masses of "have nots" in the world

the haves of the world --want the have nots to stay that way (poor)--that way the poor have to work for the "haves" --as their fiscal slaves , doing all the "real" work while the haves make a living off their labors --so the haves don't have to do any "real" work or break a sweat .

funny thing is the "uber rich" often pay no taxes to up keep the "security" -- most taxes are levied upon the "worker class"--thus the workers support the -- military (which protects the wealthy by preventing some other group from coming over and taking their country over ( in america 80% of the wealth is owned by a mere 10% of the population) --we also pay for state and local cops * who protect the property and persons of the wealthy (remember the 80% -10%) so the poor workers wind up paying for the protection of the rich "boss" folks belongings and person .

Charter Member
    us

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    6923 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ivan salis
    nope --its he who has the "gun" rules -- cuz if you got got gold and i got a gun --your gold is now mine

however normally powerful , rich gold "haves" hire and arm some "have nots" (various froms of "security" --be it national (army /navy/air force / marines )--- or statte and local police --or "private" to protect them from the much larger masses of "have nots" at large
    You can't shoot me and rob my gold if i am hiding like sneeky sneeky sneeky.......hehehehehehehe

LM
    do
    I like finding stuff

Dec 2007
    South
    Charts and Maps.
    168 times
    Shipwrecks

One of the most obvious signals of a government gone too far is when they attain an entitlement mentality that forces otherwise honest people to become dishonest.
    "There comes a time in every rightly-constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure..." - Twain

us
    DFCA

Dec 2006
    Kansas
    XP DEUS
    50 times
    Banner Finds (1)

sounds like they're trying to look good and hope all the bad publicity goes away and in the end she'll get stiffed again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links