City of Dallas keeps $2000 found by honest teen! - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6918 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: City of Dallas keeps $2000 found by honest teen!

Quote Originally Posted by texastee2007
    Update (2:55 p.m.): Dallas Mayor Dwaine Caraway sent a statement to the Dallas Observer. He said he's "very proud of [Donaldson] and very sympathetic as well," but he needs to review city policy before he can step in and hand the money back, as he's clearly itching to do (he said he was looking for "other options" to keeping the money). But he has to be careful: "[W]e also may have a situation where the amount of money is really large and could likely be drug money. Should that be handled the same way? Those are some of the things I think we need to know more about and understand."
    Well if it was drug money, are they worried it could be contaminated with, like, powdered stuff, that the girl could hurt herself with, if she was to throw it on the floor and roll in it, like a dog in a dead squirall!
    If that is the case, we gotta collect now for the Dal PD a washing machine! I find lots of money in mine, when I do the hubby laundry. (If I can ever get the funny pic pic up, ya'll will know why)

Update 2 (5:45 p.m.): Now Dallas Police Chief David O. Brown says Donaldson might be able to keep the money, but only after another three-month wait. Texas state law says that someone who finds cash like this must give public notice and then wait 30 days for someone to claim it. If nobody does, there's another 90-day waiting period, and then Donaldson can finally get her car.
    Sources
    Listen, we get snow here in S Fl too, but, ya'll in Dallas better break out the shovels and boots! It's sounds like it's gonna come down thick!
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

us
    DFCA

Dec 2006
    Kansas
    XP DEUS
    50 times
    Banner Finds (1)

it was just announced that the Dallas PD made a mistake and returning the money to the girl after another waiting period of 90 days.
    maybe Dallas is so broke, they steal from children and then have to get a loan to pay it back.
    what a bunch of dirtbags!

us
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Mar 2008
    32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
    My other detector is a helicopter
    16 times

The Dallas Police Association gave the kid $2000.00 and another $8000.00 has been donated.

Not a bad reward for turning in $2000.00

Turn in 2 and get 10, I like those odds

Gotta run, I am going to turn in a grand to the police
    If you find me upside down, Roll me over.

"I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads       
          without having their motives questioned..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep
    The Dallas Police Association gave the kid $2000.00 and another $8000.00 has been donated.

That's sort of the vibe I had of what would happen which is another reason I thought it better to take it cool. She has more money then I do! I'll keep my $2!

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32867 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch

That's sort of the vibe I had of what would happen which is another reason I thought it better to take it cool. She has more money then I do! I'll keep my $2!
    I Just hope she Grew up after This & Nobody
    Convinces her To Buy Bonds,
    Or Donate it.

Kentucky Kache

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch

Wow, I wish I had a couple grand to turn in. I got a feeling no one would care about my loss. "Serves him right, he should have had better sense."

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3331 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

glad to see the "people' there in texas raised hell with the buncha greedy jerks --- trying to steal from a poor honest teenager like that * -- glad they are making em do the "right thing" at last.

us
    Hey! I found a .........

Jul 2006
    TEXAS
    937 times

Yes! I wonder if the "City" is going to re-write their ordinance now.
    Metal detecting: Getting up at the break of dawn to experience the thrill of the unknown.

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6918 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Texan cuts the young lady a check for $4000. Way to go!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-teen-...ry?id=13588776
    Thanks for the video link, so nice to see humbleness and gratitude, from one so young.

(made me think of the little smarty pants boy at the beach other day. He said to me, "give me everything you find"! So I asked, "why should I do that? Does everyone give you everything you want?" He said,"YEP"! I almost had no clue what to say to a comment like that, from a 6-7 yr old....So I advised him, "well you are a very lucky young man, and I hope it stays like that for you, all your life.")
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

LM
    do
    I like finding stuff

Dec 2007
    South
    Charts and Maps.
    168 times
    Shipwrecks

Texan cuts the young lady a check for $4000. Way to go!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-teen-...ry?id=13588776
    Another cool video at that link:
    Towards the bottom, where the guy found $22,000 worth of savings bonds at a metals recycling plant stuffed in a barrel of scrap, did a ton of legwork and found the owner.
    "There comes a time in every rightly-constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure..." - Twain

us
    The Past Tells the Future! Let's try not to do it over .

Feb 2011
    Strafford , Missouri
    Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
    16 times

I was so glad to see that young lady get a reward for what she has done ! And the person who gave her a 4,000 dollar check has done something for that young lady that she will not ever forget .
    That is one very nice young lady , and I hope she has a very good life ahead of her ! She earned it.
    Few things I love to do is , Metal Detecting for anything of the past!
    Making Detectors better ! Tuning and finding ways to upgrade Detector hardware , To make them work the Best that is possable !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links