Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    us
    Mar 2007
    Northwest Missouri
    ACE 250
    65 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: I do not miss my old watering hole (bar).

I still go to my old haunt every few months...I've noticed that while I have not gotten any older it seems that everyone else has gotten younger. Oh well, they still haven't learned how to play pool very well and they still can't out drink me. I REFUSE TO GROW UP!

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6867 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by savant365
    and they still can't out drink me. I REFUSE TO GROW UP!
    Yeah, that's a hornets nests, I just quit trying to swipe at, anymore, in public, anyway.

Only reason I know I'm grown, is I have a stack of bills in a drawer to pay each month, and no one takes care of me any more.
    I want my mommie and daddy!

I used to 12 going on 21. Now I'm 46 stuck on 17, well I'll say 18, at least that'll make me legal!
    I don't wanna cause no more trouble. (Oh, that reminds me, I better check in on my christian forum, make sure they ain't in the middle of Armegeddon, all over each other! brb.)
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

us
    Apr 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
    13 times

It is interesting to finally attain the age where my elders used to tell me..."Just wait, you will know what I am talking about eventually"...this is what I would hear from the "old" men (50+) when I was in my 30s and 40s...I used to chuckle at them...

Then, I turned 50 in March...not laughing anymore...at least, not out loud...

The passage of time has a whole new dimension to it now. Looking at the time wasting of youth, it all seems so frivolous when you figure you might have 20 or 30 more years to get it all done...and the last 5 or so of that might not be under your terms.

Whew...glad to get that out of my system.

Back to treasure hunting!!!!!!!
    Live each day as if it were your last.  Soak in and seek love and light and shine it upon everyone who will accept it.  Value your true friends like gold as they are more rare and valuable than you may ever know.  Live in integrity with all men.

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6867 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRandyMan
    Looking at the time wasting of youth, it all seems so frivolous when you figure you might have 20 or 30 more years to get it all done...and the last 5 or so of that might not be under your terms.
    NOTHING wasted here!
    I keep trying to cram 36 hours into one day, and 2 more days into the week.
    Life limped along at sub-sonic speeds!
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links