Is It Just Me?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Nov 2004
    Edwards,Missouri
    MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
    56 times

Is It Just Me?

I've lived here for 14yrs and this Spring I have seen four times as many snakes as usual.All breeds,black,copperheads,etc.The copperheads are not small either and I had only seen one in the last 14 yrs.Why?We have had a lot more rain this year but not flooded here.Anyone else see an increase?

Felinepeachy

Re: Is It Just Me?

I think the flooding is driving them your way

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6914 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

In my flood experiences, thay ain't no telling, what's gonna come crawling outta them woods!

Ya'll hang on, and keep your doors shut, things do like to slither in, if you know what I mean.
    Get your wood pile away from the door.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    6935 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Copperheads move, warsawdaddy. They're cousins to water moccasin's, so they're water snakes and do have an affinity for water. A lake can go in and copperheads appear. In 1962 copperheads were prevalent along the South Canadian in Oklahoma, then not so much until 30 years later, when they came back with a vengeance. Luckily, you don't die real quick from copperhead bites. Unluckily, you die real slow if you don't get medical treatment. Also, they say that a copperhead bite makes you crazy if you survive from it. We had cows that got bit and you couldn't get around them later. My son has done research on water moccasins and copperheads at OU and has been published in Herpetoligica (a book only scientists know about and read, but apparently being published there is a ticket into any college you wanna go to) I'll ask him about this.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Sponsored Links