Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can't bigfoot just take a stroll thru the woods on a nice day like everyone else, without a flash mob trying to track him?

:laughing7:

Every time I hike, I take out my iPhone and video a non-descript path in the middle of nowhere jsut for the fun of it...you know, I might catch bigfoot in the distance...you never know.
But bigfoot never seems to be in those posed shots I take standing by a tree for my glamour hike picture? hmm....

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I think you're all being a little unfair. Kids nowadays use iphones and video the most mundane of things. Maybe she was hoping one of her friends fell on their a$$ and she could send it in to "Americas funniest home videos" or something? So it IS possible they were just filming for the hell of it.
What gets me more, is that a mythological beast, with terminal shyness, that spends all it's days in woods and forests, can't notice a gang of teens 100 yards away and just wanders around like it's looking for the local store!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigfoot is slowly becoming domesticated, heck, he's even doing TV commercials now. :laughing7:

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
For some reason Big Foot never turned me on. I always figured anything primitive and really cool would maybe show up some day in the the Sudd swamp (200 miles long--150 miles wide--the Sudan), remote jungles of the Republic of the Congo, etc. The native people of the swamp have drawn pictures of strange animals they have seen in the swamp. These very much resemble smaller water dinosaurs thought long extinct. To my knowledge none of these alleged "reports" have ever been confirmed, but if they ever were, that information would most likely be hidden from the public anyway.

So, as far as we're concerned--no Biggie Feet and no T-Rex walking about today. ;D

http://www.skygaze.com/content/strange/Dinosaurs.shtml

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
is a young bigfoot called a littlefoot or a baby one called babyfoot?

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
The earliest newspaper article about Sasquatch (aka bigfoot) came from The Dalles, Oregon circa 1860-70. After finding numerous gold nuggets near a waterfall, the miners were chased from their cabin by what they described as 7-foot tall apes hurling boulders through their cabin roof. The miners left and made their way to The Dalles, where they told their story. The site was near either Mt. St. Helens or Mt. Adams. Mt. St. Helens was the more likely.

I don't propose you believe in a 7-foot tall ape who's remains have never been found.

But the history of Bigfoot is forever tied into the legend of Washington's Lost Cabin Mine, as well as a cache of gold nuggets taken out of the stream near the cabin, and hidden nearby. The miners left the site without their gold nugget cache, something only fear of imminent death could have caused.

A lava tube on Mt. St. Helens is named Ape Cave.

While hunting mushrooms SE of Mt. St. Helens several years ago I happened to climb up a house-sized boulder because I thought I heard a waterfall. It was quite scenic. Several hundred feet across the canyon I could see canyon rimrock through dense old-growth Western Red cedar, Western hemlock, and Douglas-fir, still standing in 1986, after the massive eruption of Mt. St. Helens on May 18, 1980. This was outside the Mt. St. Helens eruption blast area, but near (2-3 miles?) one of the viewing sites for Mt. St. Helens on a barren ridge. Near the rock I was sitting on was a Douglas-fir about 2 feet in diameter, so close I could almost touch it. Problem was I couldn't see the base. So I took a little trip back from the boulder, and walked about 150 feet to another view site. The rock I had sat on top of was barely balanced on top of a point of a cliff. Had I slipped off, I would have fallen at least 200-250 feet. The tree I thought I could reach out and touch was growing from a point at least 200 feet lower down. There was a waterfall just upriver that I could hear and vaguely see through the trees: about 60 feet tall. The bottom of the canyon at that particular spot was easily 1,000 feet lower than where I was at.

I returned to the site just one more time, because some of the mushrooms I found there were somewhat rare. I still get weak-kneed remembering what a dangerous spot I was at.

Another historic BigFoot was a Native American noted for a near 7-foot stature, strength, over-large feet and uncanny tracking ability. He once swam the Snake River at flood stage between Oregon and Idaho to escape a posse. Mounted on horses, the posse was unwilling to risk the crossing.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea you are probably right about everything being phone video nowadays.
sad

in fact one time on tv I saw a story about a gang beating up a man and the bystander was video taping from his phone.....I am sure his intention was to give it to the man being harmed for proof or something (LOL)

oh well

big foot, show me a bone or body, not a tape that can be faked constantly --but nowadays the enhancements etc to video/photos can be so hard to determine they were faked. technology is that good lol

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
The days of photos or videos being proof are gone.
Even if one caught BF (or UFO, etc.) in plain sight they would say the photo was doctored.

They already have actual footage of dinosaurs that you can find online. However, these films are not proof because they're not accepted by "science" as legitimate. It's interesting though that "science" is unable to explain how some of these films and photos were "faked."

The only thing "science" accepts today is that which it says is so. It is very biased against anything that would in slightest detract from evolutionary theory.

The thinking of "science" today is, if it doesn't support evolution; it can't be true. Therefore when anything is discovered at a dig site that contradicts evolution, it is immediately rejected. And by the way, lots of such things are found.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
I have been in the Sierras numerous times....I have never found a mountain lion or bear skull ever...I am 54

That's because Bigfoot hides them. :tongue3:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
Hey Goody in all the travels you do in the mountains and the Valleys....do you ever find many carcasses just lying about? folks think it is just that easy...

I've seen a few over the years, but depending on the season and the climate, total decomposition can take place in just a matter of weeks.
Of course the bones are the last to go but even they don't last long under the right conditions. The larger the animal the longer it takes.

Usually the carcass is hidden by vegetation and while an odor may be present you really have to go out of your way to see it first hand.
Predators, insects, maggots, decay, etc. usually makes short work of causing a carcass to disappear, especially during spring, summer, and early fall. Only in the desert or high elevations (above the tree line) would the bones of a carcass last more than a year and even then only the largest would remain.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
::) ::) ::)

Don't ever think I have seen one of these so called Big foot Videos that looked real ::) now Loch Ness there's a real mystery :o

SS

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
GoodyGuy said:
texastee2007 said:
Hey Goody in all the travels you do in the mountains and the Valleys....do you ever find many carcasses just lying about? folks think it is just that easy...

I've seen a few over the years, but depending on the season and the climate, total decomposition can take place in just a matter of weeks.
Of course the bones are the last to go but even they don't last long under the right conditions. The larger the animal the longer it takes.

Usually the carcass is hidden by vegetation and while an odor may be present you really have to go out of your way to see it first hand.
Predators, insects, maggots, decay, etc. usually makes short work of causing a carcass to disappear, especially during spring, summer, and early fall. Only in the desert or high elevations (above the tree line) would the bones of a carcass last more than a year and even then only the largest would remain.

I guess I don't think it is easy just to run out to your local hills, mountains and country side and pick up a bone left over from a Big Foot...who knows maybe they bury them.

We don't have bones! :laughing7:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
I guess I don't think it is easy just to run out to your local hills, mountains and country side and pick up a bone left over from a Big Foot...who knows maybe they bury them.

Perhaps they don't die. :tongue3:
Seriously though it would be difficult to find their remains in the deep reaches of a wilderness especially when they would most likely be well off from any trail. They may even go into deep underbrush to die when the time comes.

GG~

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't found a mt. lion skull but I sure can find about 8 million of them in museums or hanging on someone's wall stuffed for decoration.

thing with BF...if it is around, some time, someone, anywhere in this world, would have a bone.
if the thing visits people in backyards in Oregon (or wherever lol) at some point thru the centuries a dead one would be found....and of course only explanation not having a bone--bigfoot hides them or something...yea convenient lol

I am still waiting for the auto accident and seeing that claim hit the insurance company---I hit (cross out deer) and insert bigfoot...would they pay? LOL

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Australopithecus may have supplemented diet with marrow cracked from bones. No reason to presume Bigfoot would not. Many apes are at least partially arboreal. Why not Bigfoot? Canabalism common in some cultures. That might explain lack of bones.

I've found as many human remains as bigfoot. Zilch to both.

Memaloose Island upriver from me is known for human remains. I'm really not anxious in finding those either: sacred to Native Americans. In acidic soils bones are quickly broken down. Mice obtain calcium by gnawing bones and deer antlers.

Why can't we accept we don't know whether Bigfoot exists or not?

"To know what you know, and more importantly, to not know what you don't know: that is the beginning of wisdom." - Socrates

"If sense were common, there would not be such need of it." - B. Franklin

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got it all figured out. "Bigfoot"...."Aliens".........think about it, it's an obvious connection. :laughing7:

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Back in the early 80's i was an experienced outdoorsman. For twenty five years i sometimes spent weeks alone on the river hunting, trapping and fishing. On this particular day i was tracking deer in a forestry management area armed with a .308 rifle. Less than one eighth of a mile ahead of me a huge hairy creature ran across the dirt road in front of me. The darn thing was over seven feet tall, and it didn't move anything like a human being, except it was upright on two feet. The resemblance ends there. I ran for my life.

The incident scared me so bad i sold my six rifles, my camping gear, fishing gear and canoe. It would be another ten years before i could even set foot in the woods again. So i can relate to the story about the prospectors who ran off and left their gold. Anyway, about eight years ago i start recreational panning (In daylight). Finally i decide to stop being silly and set out for the Chattahoochee Natl. Forest north of Dahlonega, Georgia to do some camping and panning there.

I guess some of you saw the debut of "Search for Bigfoot" this week on the History Channel. Where i camped was about 8 miles west of where they filmed the show. After a couple of days, i was so sure i was being stalked by something i would circle my camp before dark looking for signs of something. On the fourth week, i heard crashing noise in the brush and the loud thumping noise of footsteps. The most disturbing thing was i could FEEL the vibration of the thumps. And again, i ran for my life.

Believe me. There IS something out there in the woods. It's BIG and it's NOT HUMAN. Running has worked twice for me, so i'll stick with that strategy.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I find it funny how people,usually well armed, will risk crossing paths with a Grizzly and think not much about it, but the thought of a skinny 7ft ape terrifies them. Why??
A grizzly is bigger, weighs more, and is a lot more dangrous as i've never heard of a Bigfoot attack. Ya'll need to get out there this weekend and put this legend to bed once and for all! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread