Legion Hut mural suggestions?

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Myself and a few others may be painting a mural on the local Legion Hut building, and I thought I would ask for thoughts and suggestions about the Legion, Vets, murals ect. I'm the artist on the project and right now the project is in the info gathering stage. I like to saturate my brain with as many angles as I can, and soon the right approach steps forward. The key words as I see it are tasteful, honorable and proud. We've thrown the idea around of 'wrapping' the building in a flag, but only two sides are visable, front and side. It's a small rectangle shaped building, front is porched and square, the side is a long rectangle. Painting the canton on the front, with the stripes wrapping around to the side is the obvious, but i'd like to do something original too. I know there are alot of Vets on here, and some artists too. What are your general thoughts about the Legion, Vets, the flag and how it's handled? This is a small town, and I want to express it's pride of it's Vets. Any thoughts, or comments?

thanks
lisa

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I could even give a suggestion, I would like to know the total area you are working in.. I have a great idea, but I think it would be too large a task, and time consuming..

It would be to showcase vets from the American Revolution through to today. This would also showcase the women, who first served as nurses WWI, WWII, and today as combatants. :thumbsup:

Just a thought ;D

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Thanks spart, I appreciate the thought! and to be honest, I'm considering some saluting silohettes, and did not include women. My BIG BAD!. Thank you! Even the biggest ideas can be condensed to a thought or gesture or symbol in art., so really, thanks! Patriotism's not just a man thing. even in a small town, ( where the auxillary isn't so sure they want a flag on the legion hut building) :dontknow:

:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions