For TexasTea (and anyone else with fire ants)

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
S

Smee

My wife has a cheap and "safe" way to get rid of them in her garden . . . actually two different ways.

• The first method requires a USED family size Tetley teabag (we generally have several each week). Allow the teabag to completely dry completely. Sprinkle the contents over the ant mound. Alternatively, she has (in a pinch) used powdered instant Nestea.
  • The second method requires a coffee lover in the home, because as we all know . . . true coffee lovers don't do "instant" coffee. Each time you make a fresh pot, empty the old grinds into an old coffee can. Allow to dry and sprinkle as above.

We haven't had fire ants in quite some time, although the neighbors have a bad infestation. Hope we didn't chase them over to where the bratty kids live.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have a 8 step PROVEN METHOD and it is TOTALLY FREE!

1. Fill 2 big pots of hot water, bring to a rolling boil.

2. Go outside with 1 pot of boiling water.

3. Find the ant mound that gets you pi$$ed off.

4. Poke a hole in the mound using a stick.

5. When they start coming out, pour the boiling water down the center of the mound and all around it and saturate the mound!

6. Water seeps into the dirt very quickly, going all the way down to the bottom of the nest as well as all the little tunnels.

7. Go back in a get the 2nd pan of boiling water, go outside, pour into the mound again or find another mound, repeat the process.

8. Pretty cool to go back to the mounds the next day after the dirt has dried and find all the little B#*@&^%ds ALL BOILED TO DEATH and DEAD!!

Problem solved!

S

Smee

I like that solution, on the other hand . . . the screams from those little heathens next door (who liked to throw things at my old Lab before he passed) is kinda rewarding in its own way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread