Making money with a detector

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I cover school bus duty for 2 of my 6 grandkids during the year and daycare service as needed
during the summer months . We try to make the summer days fun .
Since I have a major remodel (roof to grass roots and back up) project that must be dried in by
fall , I've found a job for the 7 & 10 yr olds . While I do the tearout and reconstruction they police
the perimiter of the job site with my metal detector . 4 cents for each nail they recover . They can
dig any signal they find without covering any holes . All coins and artifacts they find are theirs .
This has been a dwelling for over 100 yrs so goodies are a definite possibility . I guarantee that
'Pappy' will probably have a hole in the pocket he keeps his loose change in every day .
Do ya spose I'm gonna teach these kids a bad habit ?

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds imaginative and fun. Hope y'all actually get some work done! :wink: ;D :)

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You teachin them kids the rite way to have fun! :thumbsup:Jus hope they don't get any yer ideas and plant a nail factory. ;D

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
The Beep Goes On said:
Sounds imaginative and fun. Hope y'all actually get some work done! :wink: ;D :)
They are great helpers with what ever is going on . Helping their Mom and Dad bottle raise
a colt that got orphaned at 2 weeks . Will lend what ever hand they are asked to do on the farm or in the house .
I try to break the monotony of work with fun learning . Gettin work done takes a back seat to educating grandkids and leaving them fond memories of their time with Pappy .

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
Do ya spose I'm gonna teach these kids a bad habit ?
If your lucky, you will! :laughing7:

Sounds like you the kinda Pappy, make learning and work FUN! Good luck with your project!
And be safe in your travels!

Oh, tell the g-kids, you can put there pic's up on the net, with their finds!
They would maybe think that was neat, huh?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I am a scab, I'll pick the nails for $0.03 apiece and cut out the competition :headbang:

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
spartacus53 said:
Since I am a scab, I'll pick the nails for $0.03 apiece and cut out the competition :headbang:
You gonna snuggle up with me under a blanket on the porch to watch a thunder storm like they did today and say ,"I love you , Pappy ."??????

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great Idea to me . And the kids will love it and learn about detecting .
Nice going .

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Daedalus said:
Sounds like a great Idea to me . And the kids will love it and learn about detecting .
Nice going .
Scairt me for a moment . Thought you was gonna be an advocate of me and Spart snugglin under a blanket :laughing9:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
You gonna snuggle up with me under a blanket on the porch to watch a thunder storm like they did today and say ,"I love you , Pappy ."??????

For a nickle a nail, I'll think about it :tongue3:

K

Kentucky Kache

truckinbutch said:
spartacus53 said:

Okay fellas, I think you got the wrong forum here. :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Just think, after the kids clean up all the nails and junk, you can go for the real goodies deep down without all the junk distractions ! Frank

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Frankn said:
Just think, after the kids clean up all the nails and junk, you can go for the real goodies deep down without all the junk distractions ! Frank
Nawp ! That's their province as well , as a reward for their efforts . Poorhunter and I will supervise the deep digging .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread